who here has used or have (dvd x copy)?

batibot

I have DVD X Copy Express, and DVD X Copy(useless). DVD X Copy Xpress makes sure the movie fits on one disk. No menus etc. The movie by itself will usually fit on one disk, with no compression what-so-ever. but backing up The Matrix Reloaded and The Italian Job, the movie was 5.1GB which won't fit on one disk 4.7GB. DVD Xpress somehow "compressed" them to fit almost exactly 4.68GB. Now I put the originals and the back-ups into IFOedit and other DVD software to check Frames per second, Frame size, total frames, bits per second, sampling rate, etc. and they are all the same. I don't know how Xpress did it. I don't know how it works, but I know why it works.

----------------

On 11/7/2003 3:02:37 PM tgourlie wrote:

I have DVD X Copy Express, and DVD X Copy(useless). DVD X Copy Xpress makes sure the movie fits on one disk. No menus etc. The movie by itself will usually fit on one disk, with no compression what-so-ever. but backing up The Matrix Reloaded and The Italian Job, the movie was 5.1GB which won't fit on one disk 4.7GB. DVD Xpress somehow "compressed" them to fit almost exactly 4.68GB. Now I put the originals and the back-ups into IFOedit and other DVD software to check Frames per second, Frame size, total frames, bits per second, sampling rate, etc. and they are all the same. I don't know how Xpress did it. I don't know how it works, but I know why it works.

----------------

They actually compress the image quality little bit in order to fit the dvd-9 size into dvd-5 size(4.7gb). Btw pick the menu as well, only 10mbs for adding the menus?? I usually keep the features while doing it 2.gif

I strip all streams and extras as well as menus. The exact copy of the movie only usually fits on the 4.7 disc. I never watch the extras anyways. the movie itself is usually just around 4GB. But long movies like the matrix reloaded don't fit. Then do they still compress the picture? If so do you know how? It can't be total frames or frames per second cause they are the same.

----------------

On 11/7/2003 4:30:58 PM tgourlie wrote:

I strip all streams and extras as well as menus. The exact copy of the movie only usually fits on the 4.7 disc. I never watch the extras anyways. the movie itself is usually just around 4GB. But long movies like the matrix reloaded don't fit. Then do they still compress the picture? If so do you know how? It can't be total frames or frames per second cause they are the same.

----------------

I'm not sure how the compression works but it is compressing the video(not frame per sec, that'd be the same because of having same format and same to the total frames)

Maybe this screenshot from DVDshrink will answer your question about it

9.gif

Hope it helps 12.gif

post-10644-1381924997346_thumb.jpg

Does DVD XCopy or similar programs allow you to edit the movies, such as choosing individual chapters to keep or skip?

For instance, suppose I wanted to delete the chapter in Reloaded where "Frenchie" as I call him is boring me senseless with endless chatter and rambling of psychology and metaphysics etc. He talked too much.

Could I copy the disc deleting that chapter or any other I wanted for the sake of space?

I have DVD X Copy and DVD X Copy Express. I always try X Copy first cause it will tell me whether it will fit the copy on one disk. If it has to be fit on two disk's, I use Express instead. I also jut burned a few movies using DVD Shrink & Nero V6. I found some online guides that made it very easy. DVD Shrink is free but Nero isn't, however, you can use DVD Decrypter which is a free burning tool. DVD X Copy and DVD X Copy Express work well, but there are free ways to do it.

Check out the guides on this site:

Afonic DVD rip guides

Here's some more guides from a different site:

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/

----------------

On 11/10/2003 11:21:32 AM fabulousfrankie wrote:

I have DVD X Copy and DVD X Copy Express. I always try X Copy first cause it will tell me whether it will fit the copy on one disk. If it has to be fit on two disk's, I use Express instead. I also jut burned a few movies using DVD Shrink & Nero V6. I found some online guides that made it very easy. DVD Shrink is free but Nero isn't, however, you can use DVD Decrypter which is a free burning tool. DVD X Copy and DVD X Copy Express work well, but there are free ways to do it.

Check out the guides on this site:

Here's some more guides from a different site:

----------------

Easy to use for DVD shrink made me turn into it 9.gif

just take a little longer time for ripping off from disk(it does ripping and decoding in same time! Takes 60mins for whole disk 9.gif )

To get that chapter out of there. FIrst I would use DVD Decrypter to rip the movie in IFO mode. Through IFO mode the program will automatically select the Chapters of the movie. All you have to do is deselect the chapter you don't want included. From there you will have just the movie without the chapter. But now the tricky part...

you have to re-author the IFO files.

You may have two options. You could use IFOedit (free) and go through and re-author. Use the tutorial, it's pretty complicated, too much for me to go into depth about. But here is the jist... VOB extras(strip streams etc.), region free, get VTS sectors... yeah little complicated. Then use IMGtool to create an image file you can then burn using DVD decrypter.

Or you can use DVDlab (i don't think it's free. This has a nice GUI type operation. Really easy. All you would have to do is drag and drop the VOB (movie) files you ripped from DVD decrypter into the GUI screen. Then DVDlab will create new IFO files for you and DVDlab will also burn your DVD.

Any questions?

I have made a nice demo disk for myself. I have taken demo clips from a whole bunch of movies and put them onto one. ie. All of the Dolby Digital, dts, and THX demo screens. I even have ones in spanish. Also all of the loud clips from the movies I have. Now instead of loading new disks every I want someone to "listen to this" I just put in my demo disk.

That is way to complicated for the average guy. Just use dvd shrink and reauther. Then use the start stop and stop at it at the chaptor you want to cut out. Then Save it and open the movie again and start at the end of the chaptor. Import the saved file from before and put it first on the list. then you are done. I have done this to my sons movies where the charactors scare him. Again these are off of the orginal movies that I have bought and keep the orginals away from the rug rat.

----------------

On 11/10/2003 2:54:20 AM Marshal wrote:

Does DVD XCopy or similar programs allow you to edit the movies, such as choosing individual chapters to keep or skip?

For instance, suppose I wanted to delete the chapter in Reloaded where "Frenchie" as I call him is boring me senseless with endless chatter and rambling of psychology and metaphysics etc. He talked too much.

Could I copy the disc deleting that chapter or any other I wanted for the sake of space?
----------------

Just hit the forward button on your dvd player9.gif.

----------------

On 11/10/2003 4:18:43 PM tgourlie wrote:

I have made a nice demo disk for myself. I have taken demo clips from a whole bunch of movies and put them onto one. ie. All of the Dolby Digital, dts, and THX demo screens. I even have ones in spanish. Also all of the loud clips from the movies I have. Now instead of loading new disks every I want someone to "listen to this" I just put in my demo disk.
----------------

That's a great idea! I think I'm going to do that myself. I might send you an email for some help when I actually get around to doing it.