1977 Cornwalls

kddtx

I have a pair of Cornwalls vintage 1977.

Both of the tweeters are blown.

Can they be repaired?

Can I purchase replacements?

They do not look like the K-77 tweeters featured in the post that shows the replacement.

They have a smaller gold or bronz cover.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

Kevin@teamdunn.com

1.gif

no.. they are shot give em to me for 100.00... ok kidding,..,

Yes.. As far as replacing the tweeters... call Klipsch for the diaphrams...should be easy to replace once you know the model number. (also can be bought used...but might be a chance to not get exactly whey you want.) Be careful.

Kevin,

Craig wasn't talking to you, but I am. As Indy points out, yes, usually they're repairable, if the problem is a blown diaphragm (which is usually the problem). Many have done this repair themselves. If the magnet has shifted (like mine had), the repair becomes more difficult and costly, one a professional shop with specialized equipment could do. Tweeters show up on eBay quite often, too, if you go that route. Can you post a picture?

fini

----------------

On 11/9/2003 12:52:24 PM joshnich wrote:

I bought a pair from a guy on ebay who ended up being a forum member. He sells them for cheaper than you can get them from Klipsch. His email address, if my records are correct is bcrites@cswnet.com which is also his ebay user name.

Josh

----------------

This is great advice! The email is to Bob Crites, and he recently repaired a Cornwall tweeter I shipped to him. It was back in my hands and sounding sweet within the week. The price was great, too.

You should do this if you don't want the DIY route.

Forrest

Hi Craig....Nope just here getting settled in the new place and enjoying the new equipment!!

Glad to help out you will find a lot of great people on here and more than willing to give advice. Most of of it is useful too. LOL

Enjoy, and tell us what you think after the repairs. You now own what is called a "Heritage" product (Cornwall) and it is loved by many on this board. Myself included.

When I/we have a baby in Feb 04, does he get his own sign on too?