Pawn Shop first dibs

sheltie dave

Hey guys,

I can't squeeze any more speakers in my house, so I will pass this one to the forum. There is a set of Klipsch La Scala base bins at a local pawn shop with a listed price of $400; I'll be coy and say the pawn shop is near Ford, WA. I have seen them played, sound good (ie not blown,) and I am sure the owner will let them out the door for $3-350. The nearest Forward Air office is Seattle, but you could probably work a shipping deal if desired.

I have not seen the woofers up close and personal, but it would be possible if I know tomorrow or Wednesday. I have seen the top hats on E-bay, but never the base bins. These are in decent shape, with all the aluminum stripping in place and well screwed. I would be happy to relay information and/or bargain for a price, but the final decision would be yours. If these were in St. Louis at a pawn shop, they would be mine tonight, but they are not.

This store also has a robust pair of Klipsch, about four ft tall, three way, with a second rear woofer. Don't know the model or price, as they are barricaded in an area. I leave here Friday, so e-mail me if you have any interest. No $ needed at my end.

This part of WA has some great stereo deals; I have picked up a $10 DBX 3BX expander, a $17 Macintosh MC275, and a $21 Nakamichi CD player. Mike Stehr has aggravated me with his tasty console tube amps on the cheap, so I will searching for a SET console find when I get home.

Cheers

Since the response has been totally underwhelming, causing massive layoffs and grief, here is the scoop...

Dutch's pawn shop

Spokane, WA

www.dutchs.com

Surly staff

Poor selection

High prices

Terrible quality

Fini, clueless, and numerous other forum members with a humurous bent would love working here! Kinda like going to Mike's place to listen to heavy metal with a five watt tube amp11.gif

Warning: PAWN SHOP with Klipsch...

DaveS,

Not underwhelming, just that for most of us, the shipping costs would be to prohibitive to even bother with this.........But thanks for the Post! I got really excited, until I saw where they were located. Felt like someone let the air out of my Balloon..............