where is the Jubilee/final word IMO

avman

"PK was not only an engineer, but also a business man, right? Sure, Heritage was built around "quality", but I think we all need to agree here that they were built to meet price points. Certainly the drivers were/are not to be used to represent the pinnacle of performance -- or "quality"."

Dean you are right and wrong. PWK selected the best drivers that could allow his products to be enjoyed by the most people. How else could a thirty year old auto mechanic/service manager afford a pair of Klipschorns in 1978? Of the drivers he selected each was tested at Hope and only the best were kept for Klipsch's use and branding. The rest became things like "Wolverines".

I for one am glad that Klipsch kept their products affordable and judging by the shear numbers of vintage Klipsch gear in existance, so do a lot of people. A new pair of Klipschorns at $7500-8000 is still not out of the reach of the person who loves great sound.

Yes some have invested more than the price of a new Khorn in better drivers or tried to addapt stadium drivers and horns to their speakers but most of us are happy with just a little dampening and maybe crossover tweaking.

I think that more than a few of the heavy adulterers do so because they are as much incurable tinkerers as audio-piles.

Rick

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic