where is the Jubilee/final word IMO

avman

the jubilee thread has got me thinking about a brand of speaker i love, own, enthusiastically sell, and have the best wishes for success as a company-Klipsch.

i first wrote this following quote when the Klipsch@best buy thing started.

i feel there is no better time than now to do so again.

from page 162 in 'PWK-the life the legend':

"I mentioned 'share of the market'. It is not my ambition to compete for sales volume with JBL. I'd rather compete for a share of the market in high-quality speakers. I'd rather emulate Beechcraft (about third place in total dollar volume after Cessna and Piper), with their quality products. I'd like to be compared to Mercedes rather than General Motors. I want to remain first in quality even if we are tenth in dollar volume. I feel we are capable of that. AND I'D LIKE TO KEEP IT THAT WAY, AND HAVE K&A.INC. KEEP IT THAT WAY WHEN I'M GONE."

this from Paul Wilbur Klipsch; genius,founder of Klipsch,

a man whom i respect, whose products i sell and own.

there shouldn't be ANY excuse for not working this out.

heritage MUST be displayed and sold, and the jubilee-what an incredible tribute this beautiful looking (and sounding i would assume)speaker would be to a man who has done so much for us.

i will commit to display a pair of heritage Klipsch in our showroom.

K&A inc. should be selling enough 'bread and butter' stuff to allow the heritage speakers to continue.

THEY ARE A STATEMENT ABOUT WHAT KLIPSCH CAN DO.

example:'look at and listen to these jubilees-aren't they the most incredible speakers you've seen/heard?'

what is that you say-too big for the wife's asthetics?

too much money for you?

well,lets look at/listen to some other fine products from the same company that made these.

thus,Klipsch sells speakers, and occasionally when the jubilees are demo'd someone says "i'll take a pair"

avman.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the above statement. I think it is shameful that Klipsch will not bring this wonderful speaker to market. I also feel that in the last few years Klipsch has aimed more at manufacturing CRAP undeserving the Klipsch nameplate ie: (Their Computer speaker line) nothing but problems I read about them. I also feel that Klipsch must solve it's identity crisis and soon. Who does Klipsch want to be? A quality high end speaker manufacturer with superior products or BOSE. Unfortunatly as of late it would seem more BOSE than the latter. As for myself I am scrambling to save up cash so I can own a pair of K-Horns before they are no longer available.

BTW-

bose has sold so many speakers because:

they PAY spiffs(bonuses)to those who sell their brand.

they have taken their shameful profits from ripping-off their customers and turned that into marketing money to 'get the name out'.(joe customer thinks'bose is the best'until they hear a fair a/b comparison-which doesn't happen because the salespeople are PAID extra $$'s and merchandise to sell BOSE.)

it is a SHAME that the consumer in general has gotten so price-concious that cheap-made 'stinkystuff' is becoming the 'norm',and the result is more and more stuff being manufactured in B.F.E. and beyond where the labor costs are the cheapest.

i wonder-

my recently aquired '82 cornwalls and '85 heresey 2's play perfectly, and man-oh-man the cornwalls ARE ALL WOOD!! no mdf (not that i have anything against mdf-wood is just more 'tim the tool-man taylor urrg urrgh' cool!)

i wonder when my klf-30's are that old will they have held up as well(i SURE hope so).

avman.

Maybe a group of us ought to band together and offer to buy out the proprietary rights to the Klipsch Heritage line. Then we can get (and build and sell) what we want and Klipsch LLC can go their own merry way. Problem solved.

OTOH...if they balked at selling, what would that tell you? It would tell me that they wanna hang on to the Heritage stuff just so they can use PWK's good name and reputation. Let's hope that's not true for that would indeed be sinful in anybody's book.

Tom

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/12/2003 2:11:35 PM avman wrote:

the jubilee thread has got me thinking about a brand of speaker i love, own, enthusiastically sell, and have the best wishes for success as a company-Klipsch.

i first wrote this following quote when the Klipsch@best buy thing started.

i feel there is no better time than now to do so again.

from page 162 in 'PWK-the life the legend':

"I mentioned 'share of the market'. It is not my ambition to compete for sales volume with JBL. I'd rather compete for a share of the market in high-quality speakers. I'd rather emulate Beechcraft (about third place in total dollar volume after Cessna and Piper), with their quality products. I'd like to be compared to Mercedes rather than General Motors. I want to remain first in quality even if we are tenth in dollar volume. I feel we are capable of that. AND I'D LIKE TO KEEP IT THAT WAY, AND HAVE K&A.INC. KEEP IT THAT WAY WHEN I'M GONE."

this from Paul Wilbur Klipsch; genius,founder of Klipsch,

a man whom i respect, whose products i sell and own.

there shouldn't be ANY excuse for not working this out.

heritage MUST be displayed and sold, and the jubilee-what an incredible tribute this beautiful looking (and sounding i would assume)speaker would be to a man who has done so much for us.

i will commit to display a pair of heritage Klipsch in our showroom.

K&A inc. should be selling enough 'bread and butter' stuff to allow the heritage speakers to continue.

THEY ARE A STATEMENT ABOUT WHAT KLIPSCH CAN DO.

example:'look at and listen to these jubilees-aren't they the most incredible speakers you've seen/heard?'

what is that you say-too big for the wife's asthetics?

too much money for you?

well,lets look at/listen to some other fine products from the same company that made these.

thus,Klipsch sells speakers, and occasionally when the jubilees are demo'd someone says "i'll take a pair"

avman.
----------------

9.gif Avman,

3 Chears, I agree, I have a room, not a showroom, but put me down, I'll buy a pair too.

When you love the heritage of klipsch the way we on the forum do, it just makes sense to keep it alive2.gif Smilin

av-

Very well put. It is a struggle every day for anyone in a competitive business to maintain a balance between volume, margin, and quality. It's too bad that human nature so often dictates leaning towards the volume side of the equation.

Regards,

Ben

Hello:

Personally, as far as the "new" speakers go, all you have to do is to read the number of posts regarding, the new model breaking down, having problems, disappointing, etc..

Fred "found" his fortune supposedly by accident, IMO.

But, the rise in prices for speakers, parts - how high is Jupiter?, the going to Best Buy, thje lack of receiving a Heritage Speaker in a reasonable time is a sign, to me, of a poor marketing group and again IMHO Quality and Control that is ptitful.

Do I dare to criticize the way Klipsch is now, yes, $54.00 + for grille clothe is IMHO, them getting the mine and us getting the shaft.

With their new stuff, judging from the complaints I see vs years old Heritage Speakers, my thought is if you can't or won't get it right. you're out of your league, quit and go back to the basics - Heritage.

If anyone at Klipsch does not like this post, I've owned 2 pairs of Heresys, 2 pair of LaScalas, 1 pair of Chorus IIs, 2 pair of Cornwall IIs and for quality, I will put them up against what comes off the assembly line - not an examined, tweaked pair.

If the Company keeps going the way the are, buy a Fisher today, it will match - if Klipsch is still around.

To decide not to make the Jubilee or a quality Speaker usually comes from the top, and usually because they don't want any comparisons made.

As I said, count the number of Heritage Line Speakers owned, now count the complaints - a staple was put in wrong at the base of the Chorus IIs, I popped the OEM out pushed the pieces tighter and re-stapled, I also had to re-glue the plastic pieces holding the base on. Compare that to the new lines.

Win dosdger

You'll never see a home Jubilee, never. Believe me. The Hoosier Garage Door King has no interest in selling such a product.

You Klipsch guys oughta be buying the pro-sound and motion picture theater speakers, like the Altec and JBL guys have always done. Those are the only products Klipsch is now making of interest to a fanatical horny. I imagine one of those theater speakers with the double 15 bassbin and large-format driver on the big tractrix horn would sound very good.