what cd to buy

danechristian

I'd suggest Michael Viner's Incredible Bongo Band. There's a compilation available of their only 2 lps. AWESOME rockin' stuff circa 1971. These tracks have been sampled by everyone in hip-hop. On the jazz side I'll suggest Willie Bobo-Finest Hour and Idris Muhammed-Power Of Soul. Mickey Hart-Supralingua is a great demo disc of ethnic/world-beat drums. Another on the ambient/tribal tip is Steve Roach/Byron Metcalf-The Serpent's Lair & Steve Roach/ Jeffrey Fayman/Robert Fripp/Momodou Kah-Trance Spirits. Check out the soundbites at steveroach.com.

Guest Anonymous

Get any Billy Cobham album or cd, Over last weekend I was watching Led Zeplin DVD from 1972, and John Bonham playing during Moby Dick for 6 or 7 minutes is one of the all time best drum solo's I know of.9.gif

Smilin

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/12/2003 8:11:06 PM synthfreek wrote:

That's funny smilin. I've been wearing out Billy Cobham-Spectrum. Quadrant 4 is such an awesome guitar track. Tommy Bolin smokes on this album.

----------------

9.gif synthfreek, what can I say

When your right your right!!!

Smilin

Way cool, I found a new Tommy Bolin album to buy! I only have Private Eyes now, and I think that Post Toastee on that album is one of the 10 best rock and roll songs ever! I just bought Birds of Fire by Mahavishnu Orchestra, thanx again to another thread several months ago by another member; I love these kinds of threads!!!