1967 Vert Corns on the Bay

mark1101

Good luck Smilin. Hang in there.

I can't say enough about how great mine sound ('73s) with the Scott 299. Like a brand new pair. Those '67s look great and I bet they will sound fantastic. I hope you get 'em.

There's another '73 pair up in Syracuse, N.Y. that are on the bay now, and are just 46 serial numbers away from my pair. They however, look to have had a custom veneer job.

Whoever gets either pair is going to be happy.6.gif9.gif9.gif

Question from a newbie on this particular vertical horn pair:

The photos of the drivers show a square block behind the magnet, which look different from the stamped Alnico drivers shown in Allan Songers '62 Cornwalls photo posted awhile back. What's the difference between the two?

Phil,

I had to look at the pictures a couple of times myself on that one. I thought maybe a tweeter had been replaced at first. The alnico tweeters have a round back and one picture clearly shows it.

Then I realized I was looking at the crossover network obscurred by the squawker on the other speaker. That's not the tweeter. You have to look close.

Must be another smilin???

----- Original Message -----

To: tombjr@pacbell.net

Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 6:59 PM

Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #3060947173

> What the hell is the Klipsch forum and why do you have the impression I

> belong to it?

>

> > From: tombjr@pacbell.net

> > Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:52:31 PST

> > To: regfendick@wwnet.net

> > Subject: Question for seller -- Item #3060947173

> >

> > I see that you're a member of the Klipsch Forum so I will not bid on these or snipe you on them.

> > --------------------

> >

> >

> > Question from: bigpiranha

> > Title of item: Klipsch Cornwall II in unfinished cabinets

> > Seller: member77263

> > Starts: Nov-23-03 18:41:01 PST

> > Ends: Nov-30-03 18:41:01 PST

> > Price: Currently $511.00

> > To view the item, go to:

> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3060947173

----------------

On 11/24/2003 8:52:24 AM Bill H. wrote:

Mark, those are nice, plus I noticed that our Board member Smilin......is high bidder on these! Good Luck!

----------------

Guest Anonymous

To all my Klipsch buddies, Mark, Bill H, Pirana,

It's me SMILIN, and yes I do want to get at least 2 pair of verticle cornwalls for my HT system, Than I will sell my 85 cornwall II OW to someone here for a great price, also a set of chorus that I use for rears. I want at least 5 verticles for my HT. Than I will Start on my 2 Channel system.

Pirana,

I'm glad you got the speakers in which you outbid me, when I decided to sell my Martin Logans Ascent, Arius, and Theater 1 and swith to horns, I went crazy too fast and bought speakers before I did my homework. I have learned to have a little more patience and pay up for what I really want so I can finally stop hauling all the extra stuff I bought around. I have been a Klipsch junkie going on 90 days and have bought 7 pair of speakers, 4 amps, 2 recievers, 2 cd players, and I am working on buying a lot more....I must be NUTZ2.gif But I gotta tell you that I'm having fun. I dont know who you emailed but mine is

bichonf@aol.com after by pooch, a mans best friend.

Becoming a audio jucnkie is just switching my habits from bad to Great!!!This is a lot of fun, but I do need help in deciding the right stuff to spend my hard earned $$$ on.

All the guys here on the Klipsch forum have been tremendously helpful.

ttyal lol

Smilin10.gif

LOL....That's like Dejavu for me all over again.

I got hooked on Klipsch speakers when I was in the service in the late 70's. I have had a pair of 78 CW's and a Phase Linear 400 and 4000 for years. I recently did a very similar thing to you. I bought two more high output SS amps, two preamps, and a couple more pairs of Klipsch Heritage speakers. The Klipsch Heritage being the only smart purchases I made.

Don't get me wrong, the Klipsch sound great on SS. But I can't wait to try out a tube for the first time. I am looking forward to comparing the sound of my SS to my new Scott 299D tube amp that Craig at NOS Valves is rebuilding for me.

----------------

On 11/25/2003 12:51:12 AM smilin wrote:

To all my Klipsch buddies, Mark, Bill H, Pirana,

It's me SMILIN, and yes I do want to get at least 2 pair of verticle cornwalls for my HT system, Than I will sell my 85 cornwall II OW to someone here for a great price, also a set of chorus that I use for rears. I want at least 5 verticles for my HT. Than I will Start on my 2 Channel system.

Pirana,

I'm glad you got the speakers in which you outbid me, when I decided to sell my Martin Logans Ascent, Arius, and Theater 1 and swith to horns, I went crazy too fast and bought speakers before I did my homework. I have learned to have a little more patience and pay up for what I really want so I can finally stop hauling all the extra stuff I bought around. I have been a Klipsch junkie going on 90 days and have bought 7 pair of speakers, 4 amps, 2 recievers, 2 cd players, and I am working on buying a lot more....I must be NUTZ
2.gif
But I gotta tell you that I'm having fun. I dont know who you emailed but mine is

bichonf@aol.com after by pooch, a mans best friend.

Becoming a audio jucnkie is just switching my habits from bad to Great!!!This is a lot of fun, but I do need help in deciding the right stuff to spend my hard earned $$$ on.

All the guys here on the Klipsch forum have been tremendously helpful.

ttyal lol

Smilin
10.gif

----------------

Guest Anonymous

Pirana,

I know what your talking about, I got hooked on Klipsch back in 76 when I was in college, but I grew up with horns in my dads system, built in altec lansing with fisher 500 reciever, man it rocked. I listened to my first cornwall my first month at college and my buddy was using a yamaha amp playing aerosmith toys in the attic and I can still hear the song in my head...Now I need to go tube for my 2-channel and stay with ss for HT, it does a great job, The b&k 507 avr is a fab unit.

This is a crazy hobby....btw we should excange #'s sometime.

Have a very happy t-day to u and your fam

I'm takin mine to universal in fla. yesterday it was 60 here, today in the 20's IIMMM outa here for a week.

Smilin out16.gif

I can't friggin sleep

Guest Anonymous

Pirana,

I know what your talking about, I got hooked on Klipsch back in 76 when I was in college, but I grew up with horns in my dads system, built in altec lansing with fisher 500 reciever, man it rocked. I listened to my first cornwall my first month at college and my buddy was using a yamaha amp playing aerosmith toys in the attic and I can still hear the song in my head...Now I need to go tube for my 2-channel and stay with ss for HT, it does a great job, The b&k 507 avr is a fab unit.

This is a crazy hobby....btw we should exchange #'s sometime.

Have a very happy t-day to u and your fam

I'm takin mine to universal in fla. yesterday it was 60 here, today in the 20's IIMMM outa here for a week.

Smilin out16.gif

I can't friggin sleep