Cornwalls?

HenryL.

The MC240 is in excellent condition - it has been rebuilt with poly caps etc - as in the Audio Classics method. It has the tube cover and is very near mint.

The C22 is also in excellent condition with one minor electrical problem that requires attention. It is in the original walnut case. The front panel lights (they are fuse like bulbs on either side of the galss plate) do not work - last time I checked Mac still had this part. This C22 had also been rebuilt with matched 1% metal film resistors and upgraded caps in the most areas. Both of these were done by an authorized McIntosh service center about 1990. The electrical probelm is a ground buzz - probably due to a cap that needs replacing. It also has a matched set of 12ax7 tubes. This buzz should be a simple repair - I just haven't had time to take it is for service. Audio Classics can certainly do it - although there are some local places available to in the Chicago area.

I'll take pics tonight

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 12/9/2003 7:19:22 PM MarkBK wrote:

The MC240 is in excellent condition - it has been rebuilt with poly caps etc - as in the Audio Classics method. It has the tube cover and is very near mint.

The C22 is also in excellent condition with one minor electrical problem that requires attention. It is in the original walnut case. The front panel lights (they are fuse like bulbs on either side of the galss plate) do not work - last time I checked Mac still had this part. This C22 had also been rebuilt with matched 1% metal film resistors and upgraded caps in the most areas. Both of these were done by an authorized McIntosh service center about 1990. The electrical probelm is a ground buzz - probably due to a cap that needs replacing. It also has a matched set of 12ax7 tubes. This buzz should be a simple repair - I just haven't had time to take it is for service. Audio Classics can certainly do it - although there are some local places available to in the Chicago area.

I'll take pics tonight

----------------

Smilin....looks like this stuff is just what the doctor ordered for you. What more can you ask for? And Zebrawood Cornies to boot. There really is a God.

Looks like you'll be having a very Merry Christmas if the price is right.

2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/9/2003 8:14:31 PM Piranha wrote:

----------------

On 12/9/2003 7:19:22 PM MarkBK wrote:

I'll take pics tonight

----------------

Smilin....looks like this stuff is just what the doctor ordered for you. What more can you ask for? And Zebrawood Cornies to boot. There really is a God.

Looks like you'll be having a very Merry Christmas if the price is right.

2.gif

----------------

Yeh yeh yeh, I've been a busy guy as of recent, oh what the hell, maybe just get a little more crazy!!

2.gif3.gif Gotta see em first. Hey call me, you have the #

Smilin more tonight11.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/9/2003 10:22:43 PM garymd wrote:

Smilin,

Are you trying to steal my signature?
9.gif

----------------

Hey were in the same profession, may as well make a MODIFIED ZEBRASKIN SIG, heh heh heh3.gif2.gif I guess it's all in a daze work!6.gif but it would be cool to be added into my soon to be posted nutz sig.! I still don't know when I will stop aquiring!!!

Smilin tonight10.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

Smilin,

9.gif

----------------

Gary,

seriously do you want me to chek em out for u?

10.gif Maybe you can have a matched pair, and I have been talking to Dave who had the cornwall vault so they would be sent proper to you!!!!

Smilin again

----------------

On 12/9/2003 10:27:57 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

Smilin,

9.gif

----------------

Gary,

seriously do you want me to chek em out for u?

10.gif
Maybe you can have a matched pair, and I have been talking to Dave who had the cornwall vault so they would be sent proper to you!!!!

Smilin again

----------------

What's this Cornwall vault that I have seen several of you guys referring to?

Thanks,

Guest Anonymous

Piranha,

One of the guys on the forum made a shipping crate specially designed for cornwalls, I t lays on a pallet and is shipped thru forward air, using the cornwall vault is the best way to insure no damage to the corn'c during shipping3.gif I spoke with dave a forum member from the Quad City's area and he has the vault, he is bringing it ti Chitown soon. Dave is a great guy i have talked with him for over one and a half hours and man oh man does he know cornwalls, he uses 6 in his HT119.gif

Smilin and filin

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/9/2003 11:27:08 PM garymd wrote:

No thanks Smilin. Thanks anyway for the thought. I'll soon have matching heresys though. Wouldn't that be cool to have 6 zebras? No room and low WAF!!!!
15.gif

----------------

Gar,

Ya aint lying, but my ace in the hole with my WAF is what I told you on the phone earlier, now i just cant wait till she lets me get the next house and my own Theater with whatever I WANT11.gif

6 zebra's will be way cool!! Have your WAF tt my WAF and between the too of us we WILL get our way!2.gif

Smilin for u

----------------

On 12/9/2003 11:28:54 PM smilin wrote:

Piranha,

One of the guys on the forum made a shipping crate specially designed for cornwalls, I t lays on a pallet and is shipped thru forward air, using the cornwall vault is the best way to insure no damage to the corn'c during shipping
3.gif
I spoke with dave a forum member from the Quad City's area and he has the vault, he is bringing it ti Chitown soon. Dave is a great guy i have talked with him for over one and a half hours and man oh man does he know cornwalls, he uses 6 in his HT11
9.gif

Smilin and filin

----------------

That's great to know if I ever decide to purchase another pair of Cornwalls. Shipping is scary with toys of this magnitude.

----------------

On 12/10/2003 12:47:49 AM MarkBK wrote:

Here's one pic of the Cornwalls. I tried to send a zip file of the CW's plus the McIntosh C22 but was unable to get the zip file uploaded.

----------------

Anyone know where I can get a pair of pedestals for my CW-RB's like the one on the bottom of the Cornwall in this pic?

----------------

On 12/10/2003 1:09:21 AM Piranha wrote:

Anyone know where I can get a pair of pedestals for my CW-RB's like the one on the bottom of the Cornwall in this pic?

----------------

Those are the factory risers shown in the picture. You could try Klipsch but I don't think you can order them as a part. They are really simple to make. I can send you a picture and the measurements if you like.

Laters,

----------------

On 12/10/2003 12:41:06 PM eq_shadimar wrote:

----------------

On 12/10/2003 1:09:21 AM Piranha wrote:

----------------

Those are the factory risers shown in the picture. You could try Klipsch but I don't think you can order them as a part. They are really simple to make. I can send you a picture and the measurements if you like.

Laters,

----------------

Perhaps they're easy for someone who has experience as a carpenter. Unfortunately I do not. Nor do I have the tools. 8.gif

I hope Klipsch still makes them. Or maybe I can find a local carpenter to make some for me. WOuld you mind sending me the pic and measurements?

Thansk a million for the info.