Cheapest place to buy RF-7

sonyguy

I would say plead with your dealer and look for speaker sales.

Pair RF35 $748.50

4 x RS35 $897.00

RC-35 $199.50

RSW-10 $899.00

This of course is from an authorized dealer in San Antonio, (Bjorn's Audio Video) but already having a problem with my first RC-35, having the ease of taking it back and swapping out a new one with minimal questions asked is well worth the money I would have saved from an unauthorized dealer on the scammer-net! Plus, not all, but most online dealers only waive shipping on the initial shipment of your product, so in time, if something happens, good luck finding a deal on shipping a heavy main or sub! 2.gif

Ive purchased thousands of dollars worth of brand new electronics online from Crutchfield that included manufacturers warranties. The same for One Call. I can say Ive been both lucky and satisfied with their service. Ive also purchased brand new products directly from manufacturers that sell on line like SVS and Outlaw without a problem. Sometimes finding the equipment you want can be quite difficult to find without going online especially if you dont live near a large metropolitan area. At the time I purchased my SVS and Outlaw products the Internet was the only way you could purchase them. However I own 4 RF-7s, a couple of RS7s and RF-5s and RC-7. Did I buy them on line? NO WAY. Just read Phil Hs posts carefully and read between the lines of some of these E-tailers policies that they have on their sites. It was an easy decision for me. I will only buy Klipsch products from a brick and mortar authorized dealer. Its the only way I knew I could be sure that I was getting what I paid for. Warranty and serial numbers included. 2.gif I wonder if Brenda Wyatt is still with Klipsch. Her signature is on all my speakers. 1.gif

"Did I mention the inventory that the dealer carries to support the cutomer's immediate sale and aftersale warranty issues." Kind of amusing after just reading jimmy's post immediately above the one with this statement. 9.gif

Also, and I'm probably wrong on this, wouldn't the cost of the warranty be built into the cost the manufacturer charges the dealer, rather than the warranty cost being built into dealer's pricing? Don't dealers get reimbursed from the factory for warranty repairs?

----------------

On 1/8/2004 2:17:29 PM dougdrake wrote:

"Did I mention the inventory that the dealer carries to support the cutomer's immediate sale and aftersale warranty issues." Kind of amusing after just reading jimmy's post immediately above the one with this statement.
9.gif

----------------

Point well made Doug. I mean after I took my dealers 2 RF-7s he had in inventory and the two he had on the floor he was all out of them and wasnt sure if his next shipment from Klipsch would include RF-7s. Funny. Just 5 minutes after I posted here Crutchfield sends me E-mail about all their New Years deals. What a world. What a world. Im melting. Melting I tell you. Actually I wish everything was melting. Right now Im on a snow shoveling break. Its back to the Tundra for me. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

----------------

On 12/11/2003 10:37:39 AM KeesGuy wrote:

"Klipsch: I would love to see you do something with Crutchfield."

Actually, I'd second that. I've purchased many items from them over the years and never had a bad or even questionable experience. Once, I returned an item I decided I didn't like as well as I thought I would and kind of expected some grief in the process of returning it but they were very professional and customer oriented. Another time, I ordered a small bookshelf speaker and the grill was damaged when I opened the box. I called them and the sent another grill - Next day air! Now Crazy Eddie on the other hand, well, don't get me started!!
7.gif
-Jim.

----------------

I have purchased my Infinity speakers through Crutchfield, which was what I had in my HT setup before moving up to the Klipsch. I would love to see Klipsch offered through Crutchfield. Also, they do have two brick and morter sites. One in Charlottsville, VA and one in Harrisonburg, VA. I'll have to go and pop into the one in Harrisonburg one of these times. The ski area that I patrol at is just outside of Harrisonburg.

JimmyL, you got a greta deal. I am a regular customer at the store I am pretty sure you are referrign to. Have been for for about 18 years. They wouldnt come close to that for me, which prompted me to send out emails to about 10 dealers in the neighboring states. I got a deal very similiar to yours, minus the sub.

So how do you like them? I also have a 3803, and i am very impressed. My old system was a denon (I forget the model number right now) and a set of KG4s and an Academy for the centre. The new system ROCKS!

Sony guy, you also got a fairly good deal also. How do you like your setup?

I can't tell you how they sound. it's the nineth, and my salesman called today to tell me he does not know when to expect my RC-7, RS-7's to arrive. The mains sound great on my 1989 JVC receiver with no fancy speaker wires, just trying to break them in. Not interested in hooking up my new Denon until all speakers are home. Jimmy L

i completely understand why Klipsch (or any company) would maintain strict rules regarding warranty work, etc. the obvious is to prevent abuse of the warranty and allow 2nd hand products resold as new, stolen items, etc from flooding the warranty claims.

a less obvious is overall customer support and appearance. it does not make klipsch look good if some ghetto website sells their products for a couple hundred bucks less and then screws the customers over with poor service (shipping, warranty work, etc). who do you think the customer will be upset with and spread bad press about? KLIPSCH.

please remember that most consumers (i.e. general public) are lucky if they can dress themselves and safely drive to work everyday, let alone understand the difference between purchasing from authorized or non-authorized resellers. in the end, klipsch pays the price by taking the blame for some degenerate website operation

----------------

On 1/8/2004 5:36:00 AM Bill H. wrote:

Article text follows:

Klipsch lawsuit alleges illegal online sale of products

January 6, 2004

Indianapolis (Staff report) -- Klipsch Audio Technologies filed a federal lawsuit Monday against five online retailers, accusing them of selling its speakers illegally and infringing on its brand name.

In documents filed in U.S. District Court in Indianapolis, the locally based speaker manufacturer states that crazyeddie.com, 50TopSellers.com, AuthorizedElectronics.com, TheBestPriceStore.com and HomeTheaterPhiles.com obtained Klipsch speakers from the company's authorized dealers, then retailed them online and thus "unfairly" competing with Klipsch. The company has terminated its relationship with 16 dealers who shipped speakers to the five Web retailers.

----------------

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting.....

So I take it the wholesale price of Klipsch stuff is about 15-20% off the online retailers price...as the authorized were selling to the internet folks and they will make 15-20 points...but wait..maybe these authorized sold it with 15-20 points...so all said the prices the B&M sell at is very inflated and for status to be called high end?