SVS 25-31 PCi vs RW-12

cdsang

As srange as this may seem, I can get the RW-12 for about 475. The SVS would cost me 100 more dollers including shipping. Would it be worth spending the extra 100? What improvements would I notice if the PCi is better, which I belive it is? I am not getting this for myself, but for my father. He wants something for movies but nothing to serious but nothing to weak either. 105 dB from 30 Hz and up should be fine. Just to get an idea, would the PCi be about if not the same as the RSW-12? This fills like a big push, but I wanna know if its worth the extra effort.

CD

Just to let you know, I am very carfull what model numbers I put on here. So for me, its the RW-12 for 475 and the RSW-12 for 1100 just to make sure were on the same page. I also understand why you like your RSW-12 as I have the 15 inch version. I love it the way it sounds. I don't think I could part with it. But my qustion is, how would it compare to the RW-12 and RSW-12. I guess I should of reword it. O well. Thank for the quick reply.

CD

First I think you should check with your father on whether or not he would mind the idea of a tube in his house. The RW 12 would be much nicer looking in my opinion. I have not heard the RW 12, but have heard the RSW 12 and as I said in an earlier post that I prefered it for music over my 2531 pci. For 475 I think thats a great deal. In all honesty though you cannot go wrong with either.

I have heard the RW-8,RW-12,RSW-10,12, and 15. When placed right and fully turned up, the RW-12 could keep up with the RF-7s, but for how long up the volume latter I dunno. Althought my dads speakers don't go anywere near as loud, I would like something that could at least keep up with RF-3IIs. My question to you is, do you have to push your sub that hard to keep up with the RF-7s or does it take it about as well as the RSW-12? I suppose if I really wanted to, I could try for the SVS-PB1. I would just have to work alot longer then trying to get the RW-12. I would do DIY, but doing something like this at home would ruin may ruin the suprise,unless I can get a custom box cheap. I know a place were I am respected I could get one, but I dunno how much it would cost. My thoughts were the stryke AV12 or 15 with the AMP350 to power it and perharps use 2 4 inch ports that are 12 inches long that are double flared. From what I read, those subs are almost like the RSW subs. It seems the only real differences are the basket,dustcap, color and the RSW stuff is video shielded with an extra magnet. I dunno if its true, but it almost seems that way. Thank you for your replys so far.

CD

I used to have RF3's and the 2531 pci, and I actually thought the sub overpowered the 3's. It can definetely keep up with the 3's. When I upgraded to the 7's it was a much better blend. The 2531 just seemed to integrate much smoother with the 7's and made for a better match. As long as your not in a big room or have a subsonic taste like EARS I think the 2531 pci should do the job. Again I would make sure your father wouldn't mind the tube in his room, because it looks bigger in person then in the pictures. Actually the best thing to do would be to roll up a piece of cardboard so you could have an idea of actually how big it would be.

I have never heard the RW12 so I can't say how it would compare, I know the 25-31 is a GREAT sub for the money and will give PLENTY of enjoyment for anyone. I think your dad may have a issue with the cylinder though, is he picky about his furniture and whatnot? I personally love the cylinders, I like them better than the SVS boxes, but that's my opinion. I would suggest the SVS just because I know it's a top performer and will be an excellent compliment to any Klipsch speaker. If he doesn't like it you can keep it 9.gif Or return it for a full refund, but I bet you would end up keeping it, hehe 11.gif

Well, thank you for your replyes. I wish I had good news, but it seems my parents decided to limit my spending amount to a very small $100. Althought just for fun, I did hook my RSW-15 to my dads bose system. It it way to much sub for what he has. Ok, I mainly did it as a guide to see what to get him and later got the 100 doller limit talk. O well.

CD