best receiver for klipsch r7 series?

croaker32

Croaker,

both the HK and the Denon have been liked, and discussed on this form. The NAD only a small amount. I would say lf you have the opportunity to listen to them, do so. Let your ears and your Budget dictate what to buy. Consider also buying locally for the ease of serviceability (we all hope we'll never need to). Try typing in the different model or brand names into the search function at the top right of this page, and see what appears............... Also if you can Get to the Ovation dealer for a Listen they can help you get the system you want, Plus you'll be able to hear all the componets together and get a feel for the sound and functions on the receiver..........

Good Luck....................

Marksdad,

I keep seeing More and More members referencing the B & K Model- it looks fantastic. Why has there been a 1,000.oo dollar price reduction on the Unit? Is there another newer model coming out?

Do you have any knowledge of the 307 model United Audio speaks about in there ad?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/13/2003 5:55:22 PM SteelerFan wrote:

I'm with John, the B&K if you can possibly afford it. Remember B&K just dropped the price $1000.

----------------

They dropped the price 1k to stay ahead of the comp and to sell more volume! It is a great reciever, and if you want 1 I can help you get it for 2500 or less. And yes I do won 1 too2.gif6.gif

Smilin9.gif

----------------

On 12/13/2003 1:35:55 AM croaker32 wrote:

I've tried to narrow the field to the HK 7200 and the Denon 3803, but I see good stuff in here on NAD products. What are your experience with these 3 receivers or another you've liked that I didn't list?

Thanks.

----------------

I was using an Denon AVR3802 reciever with my RF-7s, and I think it sounds fantastic. However, I since added a B&K Reference 200.7 amplifier, thus using the Denon pretty much as a Pre/Pro. The end result sounds friggen unbelievable!

However, if you went with Denon, you are certainly not going wrong, but I do have to agree with a few of the others. If you can afford B&K, you will have an awesome setup.

In the end, as was already mentioned, you have to decide what will work for your ears, your particular setup, and your budget. If at all possible, try to listen to a few units that are within your budget. Certainly does help to dig up some reviews on the 'net and in the magazines to see what is being said about the units your are interested in.