I bought a SWS FINALLY !

I would assume, I'll tell you when the stupid thing gets here. I'm going to test it with the 2's 4's and ultras.

The monsters are on the klipsch site. I would not recommend them for the 5.1's unless you had some money to burn. However the 4.1's come with really crappy 22 gauge wires. I would HIGHLY recommend getting 4.1 monster cables. 50 bucks tho :(

That goes for 2.1s too.

----------------

On 12/20/2003 10:00:03 PM XanderF wrote:

You realize you can run into any local Radio Shack and pick up 12-gauge insulated copper speaker cable at about $0.99/foot, right?

That'll be at least as good as Monster cable, and a fair site cheaper, to boot.

----------------

promedia only fit up to 14 gauge, and the monster which is 16 gauge barely fits as it is (bare ended)....and the klipsch monster kit gives you a lot of cable for the price, plus it comes with banana plugs installed

----------------

On 12/20/2003 8:30:10 PM 007 wrote:

I would assume, I'll tell you when the stupid thing gets here. I'm going to test it with the 2's 4's and ultras.

The monsters are on the klipsch site. I would not recommend them for the 5.1's unless you had some money to burn. However the 4.1's come with really crappy 22 gauge wires. I would HIGHLY recommend getting 4.1 monster cables. 50 bucks tho
:(

That goes for 2.1’s too.

----------------

I got 50 bucks. I dont have patience for anything that doesnt bring a noticable improvement.

I know this may be too much to ask but here goes...

The $.99/ft cable at Radio Shack is as good as "which?" Monster cable? I've seen that for the bass cable is very heavy.

For reference MonsterCable.com says:

<<<<<

Eliminating Subwoofer Noise is a Tough Job, Even for a High Performance Cable

Subwoofers often emit buzzes and hums that get louder as you increase the volume. And, the bass often sounds distorted, less powerful and precise than what you'd hear in a movie theatre.

Most cable, even if it's a high performance cable, isn't designed for subwoofers. They can't reject the electromagnetic (EM) and radio frequency (RF) interference that causes common subwoofers buzzes and hums. In fact, they often attract noise, especially over longer cable runs.

If you are using a Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound processor, the noise severely compromises the performance of the unit's dedicated Low Frequency Effects (LFE) channel, so you're not getting all the bass performance that's possible.

Monster's MSB1000SW Maximizes Subwoofers Performance & Reduces Noise

Monster's advanced TriPole construction features three high purity conductors tightly twisted in a unique helical configuration, which greatly reduces the sensitivity to magnetic noise sources like power transformers and power cords.

>>>>>

But who would put $500 of cable on a $400 system and expect a $900 system?

In perspective, I'm expecting $60 a set of Monsters is probably a good speaker price/cable price ratio. And I assume Klipsch has selected the correct balanced Monsters that make their speakers sound the best.

----------------

On 12/20/2003 10:00:03 PM XanderF wrote:

You realize you can run into any local Radio Shack and pick up 12-gauge insulated copper speaker cable at about $0.99/foot, right?

That'll be at least as good as Monster cable, and a fair site cheaper, to boot.

----------------