Guest Anonymous

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/15/2003 5:31:14 PM Bill H. wrote:

In the Imortal Words of a Presidents wife ........"Just say NO".......
----------------

Do ya mean NO just cause I didnt get KISSED, if She was cute a BJ would do, but I guess I'm just tryng to think of BETTER thing to CUM3.gif2.gif

UH OH my mind is drifting

Smilin and Daydreaming

ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr try this ONE more time, why did I EVER hit that stupid Rich Text button??

Just an update... Ran through all the threads with "Scott 299D" in the title. Awaiting a reply from Craig@NOSValves.

mensch < mensh > (plural mensch·en < ménshən >, mensch·es) or mensh < mensh > (plural mensh·en, mensh·es)

noun

good person: somebody good, kind, decent, and honorable ( informal )

I'd say that pretty well sums up your most generous offer, smilin.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but like so many of them, they seem to take on a life of their own.

Guest Anonymous

CTBB,

From everything i have read, the 299D is a GREAT amp, the only reason I am letting it go is I bought all 3 in the same day! and the 233, and 272 are rarer and more expensive! Try posting a thread as to what the forum members think of the 299D and you will be THRILLED.

Smilin Mensch2.gif3.gif9.gif

...the only reason I am letting it go is I bought all 3 in the same day!

LMAO... you sound like me when I'm looking for a new dock rod or flippin stick. It's to hard to tell in the store what they will actually feel like in use, so I just figure I'll find a different, though ideal, use for the second one. Maybe that's why I have over 40 rods? Just wish I could afford quality reels for every one.

And yes, in all the threads I could find, the 299d got very good marks from all, with a few minor qualms on this or that. Still waiting on Craig, thought about messaging him since I see he's on, but don't want to bug a busy guy. 9.gif2.gif9.gif

----------------

On 12/15/2003 6:27:04 PM Champagne taste beer budget wrote:

mensch < mensh > (plural mensch·en < ménshən >, mensch·es) or mensh < mensh > (plural mensh·en, mensh·es)

noun

Not trying to hijack your thread, but like so many of them, they seem to take on a life of their own.

----------------

I guess my Yiddish isn't up to snuff. Been a long time since my great grandmother's been around. She lived to 104. Just got back from seeing my grandparents in the hospital. 94 and 92. Not doing well. Married almost 70 years. Both came down with a virus over the weekend. Very ill and very confused. Please say a prayer for them. I hope God takes them together when it's their time which may be very soon.

I will say a prayer, gary. I'm very lucky to have my mothers parents still living on their own on the family farm at 94 and 91. It's hard for em, but they manage. My wife is a social worker at a nursing home, and I can't tell you the times that she's come home and someone she's talked about for years has passed away. I don't mean to be uncompassionate, but I know from her experience that sometimes going on to greener pastures is the best thing that could possibly happen. Being kept alive, with no quality of life, isn't truly living. I pray for the best for them.

Thanks a lot. Actually my grandmother is only 91 I just realized (birthday in Feb). What a coincidence. On my mother's side. Up until a couple years ago, all was well. Lately they were OK also. It's hard seeing them this way, especially over a damn virus but I think it's their time or real close. That's very hard for me to say. We've always been so close. They've been the greatest grandparents a person could ever hope for. I'll miss them big time.

----------------

On 12/17/2003 8:50:08 PM garymd wrote:

Thanks a lot. Actually my grandmother is only 91 I just realized (birthday in Feb). What a coincidence. On my mother's side. Up until a couple years ago, all was well. Lately they were OK also. It's hard seeing them this way, especially over a damn virus but I think it's their time or real close. That's very hard for me to say. We've always been so close. They've been the greatest grandparents a person could ever hope for. I'll miss them big time.----------------

Gary,

My prayers are with them as well.

It's very hard losing Grandparents when you're so close to them. I know, I was raised by mine. It was a very difficult situation for me when my Grandfather passed away suddenly of a heart attack in 1980. I was in the USAF and stationed in Europe (Torrejon AB, Spain) when he died on April 21, 1980. I was not allowed to go home right away. I happened to be on an exercise in Adana, Turkey at the time. We were on high alert due to the American embassy hostage situation in Iran. The now infamous failed rescue mission occured three days later. My grandfather was buried two days before I finally got home.

My Grandmother thankfully lived antoher 13 years until 1993. However she was very sick with enphysema during the last 3-4 years of her life. It was very sad to see her wither away to nothing. I was actually relieved the day she passed because I knew she had been suffering so bad. It killed me to watch her gasp for each breath during the last several months of her life.

R.I.P. Grandma and Grandpa. I miss you both dearly and I love you very much!

----------------

On 12/17/2003 9:11:19 PM Piranha wrote:

Gary,

It's very hard losing Grandparents when you're so close to them. I was raised by mine and it was a very difficult situation for me when my Grandfather passed away suddenly of a heart attack in 1980. I was in the USAF and stationed in Europe (Torrejon AB, Spain) when he died on April 21, 1980. I was not allowed to go home right away. I happened to be on an exercise in Adana, Turkey at the time. We were on high alert due to the American embassy hostage situation in Iran. The now infamous failed rescue mission occured three days later. My grandfather was buried two days before I finally got home.

My Grandmother thankfully lived antoher 13 years until 1993. However she was very sick with enphysema during the last 3-4 years of her life. It was very sad to see her wither away to nothing. I was actually relieved the day she passed because I knew she had been suffering so bad. It killed me to watch her gasp for each breath during the last several months of her life.

----------------

Thanks for your thoughts Piranha. When I was a kid, I spent my summers on Long Island with them. My grandfather ran a summer camp and we used to water ski & horseback ride all day and go to the beach on the weekends. Lots of fond memories. They spoiled me rotten. No matter what difficult stage in life I was going through, I was always just a kid when I was with them. Hard to explain.

----------------

On 12/17/2003 9:18:04 PM garymd wrote:

----------------

On 12/17/2003 9:11:19 PM Piranha wrote:

Gary,

It's very hard losing Grandparents when you're so close to them. I was raised by mine and it was a very difficult situation for me when my Grandfather passed away suddenly of a heart attack in 1980. I was in the USAF and stationed in Europe (Torrejon AB, Spain) when he died on April 21, 1980. I was not allowed to go home right away. I happened to be on an exercise in Adana, Turkey at the time. We were on high alert due to the American embassy hostage situation in Iran. The now infamous failed rescue mission occured three days later. My grandfather was buried two days before I finally got home.

----------------

Thanks for your thoughts Piranha. When I was a kid, I spent my summers on Long Island with them. My grandfather ran a summer camp and we used to water ski & horseback ride all day and go to the beach on the weekends. Lots of fond memories. They spoiled me rotten. No matter what difficult stage in life I was going through, I was always just a kid when I was with them. Hard to explain.

----------------

You don't need to explain. I can totally relate to those types of days too. Thank you for taking me back to all the fond memories I have of my childhood and the great times I was lucky enough to have with them. They gave me a wonderful upbringing that I wouldn't change for the world. They made me who I am today and I think they'd be proud of what I have done with my life and what I have become.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/17/2003 7:35:29 PM st. patrick wrote:

Smilin, if you pass on the zebrawood cornwalls, I would be interested in them, but may need logistical help as I am the west coast. Patrick

----------------

Patrick,

I will see them in the next day or two, I got him at 800 so far, there is a small crack in the veneer on 1 side, if you want I can forward you the photo's that the seller sent me. I want to hear them first, but I do have a few more pair to Pick up additionally. Email me

Smilin6.gif

Guest Anonymous

<

mensch [ mensh > (plural mensch·en < ménsh&#601;n >, mensch·es) or mensh < mensh > (plural mensh·en, mensh·es)

noun

----------------

I guess my Yiddish isn't up to snuff. Been a long time since my great grandmother's been around. She lived to 104. Just got back from seeing my grandparents in the hospital. 94 and 92. Not doing well. Married almost 70 years. Both came down with a virus over the weekend. Very ill and very confused. Please say a prayer for them. I hope God takes them together when it's their time which may be very soon.

----------------

Gary,

I will pray tonight and in the morning, I feel for you my last grandmother died a year ago, she was 93, my grandfather 2 years earlier at 94, thanks be to god they lived a happy healthy life and long enough to see their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. May we be so lucky, or luckier if that is possible.

2.gif The most important thing is to be there for your parents and your KIDS, Hope everything goes well and you can enjoy the holidays with your family and your friends.

Your New Buddy

Smilin16.gif

Thanks Smilin and everyone else who responded.

If there's anyone I was supposed to email or call or whatever, I'll try and get back to you as soon as I can. I've been running back and forth between the hospital, work and home without much rest.

Hope everyone is ready for the holidays. Happy Hannakah and/or Christmas. We'll be lighting the candles in the hospital this weekend, God willing and if the staff lets us.

I'll be talking to you soon Smilin.