Should I Swap the K-55V's in my '62 Vert Corns

Frzninvt

I have a pair of K-55V with soldered on terminals that I purchased and installed in my '78 La Scala's, I am not exactly sure which K-55V version is in the '62 Vertical Corns they are most likely the spring loaded ones. Would it make a nice difference if I use the solder terminal versions instead of the originals, or should I leave them the way they are - all original. Thoughts?

i think i would leave the drivers alone and look at modding the crossover with different caps. that 62' crossover looks different than the B crossover i built for my cornwalls, so i'm not sure if it is different sonicly. the way i understand it is the k55v was the best sounding mid driver from klipsch, so if you don't like the way the CW's sound,i would look at the crossover first. being that old it would'nt hurt to check all connections and maybe add new caps. dave1.gif

I wouldn't bother. Your not going to notice the difference. Your using them for rears and they already sound different then your three front speakers because of other reasons. Now if you were talking about your mains and front center channel, I would say change them. There you would benefit from using all the same drivers and networks. If you ever go to LaScalas or Klipschorns in the rear then you could match up their drivers and networks to match your front speakers.

John Albright prefers the 55 with the solder terminals over the spring loaded one, but I believe that he said that there isn't much difference.

I can't hear a difference and I can't see one in the response curves i had run on a pair of Heresies, one with the solder terminal -V and K-77-M and the other with the spring terminal -V and K-77. It isn't supposed to be that way, but these 2 speakers tested no real difference.