YAMAHA RX-V2400

kenplaza

we sell the yamaha rxv series and the rxv 1400 and 2400 kick a$$!!

they both come w/a microphone to allow the receiver to automatically setup speaker size/distance/level and bass management.

i have a rxv1400 hooked up to a rsx5/rcx4/rsw12 speaker system and it sounds awesome!

avman.

Thanks scrambler400. I checked it out and there was a lot of good information. I've been demoing this receiver for about a month and wanted to get the opinion of others. I have Klipsch Klf-30's and the matchup was very bright. I've toned down the high frequencies quit a bit and it sounds much better. I am giving it the Pepsi Challenge with a Pioneer Elite VSX-55Txi. Sounds nice but it doesn't have onscreen info once you get out of the setup menus. I would have expected much more out of the Elite line than that. My current receiver is a Yamaha DSP-A1 and the matchup between it and my Klf-30's was a perfect fit. The quest is on for a great 7.1 receiver. Anyone have a recommendation on a $2000 unit with great sound and onscreen info for the hard of seeing. Anyway, thanks for the thread.

I've had the RX-V2400 for about 6 weeks and I'm with SteelerFan, I also don't care for this combo, especially the center channels. I initially bought the RC-35 but did not like the sound (too harsh!), so I bought a new RC-7 about 3 weeks ago and it too seems too harsh. For cables, I originally bought the DH Labs Q-10 cables which now have about 300 hours on them, but the RC-7 is still too harsh sounding. Several days ago I changed the cables to a 14GA OFC but the sound did not change that much.

I'm sort of okay with all the speakers EXCEPT the front RC-7.

Anyone have any suggestions, it just seems that the RC-7 should not be hurting my ears after an hour or so of listening ??? My only solution right now is listening at a low volume.

I should also mention that I mostly use my system for home theater, not much music yet.

If I were to buy a different new receiver, what do you all recommend as the 'perfect match' with Klipsch ???

I can only say that I have the rc7 as part of my set up,and its one great center.The highs are sooo clean and the lows(really on dvd-a,sacd)are outstanding for a center.Pound for pound its the best I've heard.I use 12 guage Acoustic Research cable(tried biwires,to each their own).Most people I know that hear this speaker are left wanting/needing one.If you still have a problem,be assured the rc7 is not the cause.