VPI 16.5 Reversing Mod

rigma

I am adding a reveresable motor and switch to my new VPI 16.5 record cleaning machine. Most all agree it is important to clean in both directions. I am thinking about offering a kit to acomplish this, it would include a new motor with warranty, reversing switch to replace existing turntable switch, new motor mounting bracket, allen wrench, wiring and detailed instructions. The cost would be about $160-$175. Just want to see what you guys think, is there any interest?

MB

Sorry Craig, the platter still will rotate clockwise with respect to the brush..LOL.. I will let you know how the mod goes, as I will have all the parts in a few days. There will be absolutely no visible mods to the unit, it should be slick!

Guy,

The mod is complete and works great, but it was much more difficult than expected. The motor I ordered was supposed to have the same shaft dia. as the VPI but was undersize so I had to make a bushing to adapt, also had to retap screw holes, etc.. Bottom line is I have to do more research to find a more compatible motor to make a kit economically feasible. I will keep the forum informed.

MB

My VPI 16.5 needs to be serviced. I've used it for more than 2 hours straight, and its motor seemed to lose power. I may be interested in buying your old motor instead, just to put it back on service, again. Please let me know if you can/willling to sell it. Otherwise, I'll either wait for your mod, or send it to VPI.

Thanks