SWS rocks!

Im not sure what to do about the DD51, perhaps you can ask that on the other forum, in regards to the SWS, that is strange, I hooked my up the way you did initially and i did not notice any reduction in output, however you can do this, just run the 5/6 channels tot he SWS and put the 1-4 channels directly into your 5.1 sub. Then run the 5/6 bypass back to the 5.1 sub. that way you still get input to the SWS put you dont have to get it from the important channels. You will have to turn your SWS up a little more, probably about 1/2. Also make sure you are running 5.1 mode and have some kinda of upmix for the stereo music, like cmss or virtual 5.1. Remember to disable that when watching movies, however you might want to fix your dd51 first.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

We are making more of the 120v version... As far as the 230v version, it has nothing to do with us "wanting" to or not... the demand is not there. If enough people went to dealers requesting this, maybe they would listen.

• 3 years later...

family member bought the SWS some time back adn I always wanted to grab it from them... well today was that day :)

Using the SWS is the ONLY way I can set this up. If I connect the other way the sub goes out of control and I can't turn it up or deal with the rumble. It's not correct. Not sure what I did wrong using the other connections. You take Orange,Green and Black from your sound card and put it in the SWS input (O-G-B) then take another set up cable and connect again (O-G-B) from the output of the SWS to the input of my Promedia's

Is that correct and if so why is it doing that out of control rumbling ????? It is non listenable. SWS works fine but like someone stated I leave it at 12 o'clock, set the phase to 180 and the Low-Pass to 90Hz

thanks for any info

It sounds like you have the wires hooked up correctly. Make sure the mini-phono plugs are plugged in all the way and make sure you use the correct outputs of you sound card are hooked to the correct inputs on the SWS, the colors are not the same for every card. (I think the orange = center/sub, green = front, black = surround) Just wondering which Promedia system do you have 2.1, 4.1, 5.1?

With
regard to the volume control on the sound card or (computer controls) I
max out everything except the main volume control (listed as "play
control" with Windows XP). Don't use the treble or bass controls at
all, set it for flat EQ. If you are using a Soundblaster card with EAX
make sure all EAX effects are turned off and select the correct speaker
settings for your setup (if you have 4.1 setup, select 4.1, etc.) If
you have a newer Soundblaster card, such as Audigy 2. Under the EAX
Advanced HD console, CMSS 3D tab you can select to have the all the
speakers play music or just the front ones. You can choose from three
different effects: CMSS 1, CMSS 2 and stereo surround. Note: CMSS
effects is different than the EAX effects. If you want a little more
bass select the stereo surround, but you can easily experiment with the
other ones.

I have the v2.400 (I think that is what it is
called with out looking it up) upgraded with the preamp of the 4.1s'.
I have the subwoofer knob at about 11 o'clock or where the little white
line is (you know which white line) The main volume knob is at about 9
0'clock. The volume control for the SWS is never turned past 9
o'clock. I adjust the volume using the computers volume controls (my
keyboard has volume up and down), instead of having to adjust two
separate volume controls. My SWS is set with 60HZ low-pass filter and
180 phase.

With regards to sound quality a lot has to
do with the room acoustics, having the SWS in a corner seems to work
the best. I have noticed that at least with the v2.400 setup the main
sub is more midbass (punchy bass) with very little low end bass and the
SWS is all low end (boom/room shaking bass) with little midbass
(obviously with the low-pass filter). Hopefully, this will help you.

I am using the Ultra 5.1's sorry forgot to mention that. It is impossible for my to connect it any other way then what I have it connected right now (SWS link) it's not audible the other way and impossible to even turn on. It will blow the sub. Also the mini plugs are connected correct, I checked that and they are plugged in. I am using an X-FI card and used an Audigy before this one.

I have another strange issue and this has been an issue since day one. If I touch the SWS's volume cable the sub will make a noise. Like a thumping noise or like the sub is moving. Also like if you took the audio cable off and tap your finger against the end of the cable the tapping comes through the speakers. This also happens if you move the power cable at ALL. Also if I touch the link cable on the Ultra side it does this more then all 3. THat sounds funny to me. Almost like microphonic. So that means when that bass is pumping and the sub is shaking will I get added noise or distortion along with the low end ???? I figure touch the cable and the vibration I make when I touch the cable would be similar action but maybe not.

Does anyone have this issue ??? If you never tried can you ? Very weird !!!!!

I am using the Ultra 5.1's sorry forgot to mention that. It is impossible for my to connect it any other way then what I have it connected right now (SWS link) it's not audible the other way and impossible to even turn on. It will blow the sub. Also the mini plugs are connected correct, I checked that and they are plugged in. I am using an X-FI card and used an Audigy before this one.

its the control module. loosen the rubber bottom off, unscrew and push the thing back up. I noticed it can fall and the volume goes to full power

I have another strange issue and this has been an issue since day one. If I touch the SWS's volume cable the sub will make a noise. Like a thumping noise or like the sub is moving. normal, the cable is sensitive.Also like if you took the audio cable off and tap your finger against the end of the cable the tapping comes through the speakers. your finger has a energy that can trigger the subwoofer. this is normal. This also happens if you move the power cable at ALL. Also if I touch the link cable on the Ultra side it does this more then all 3. THat sounds funny to me. Almost like microphonic. So that means when that bass is pumping and the sub is shaking will I get added noise or distortion along with the low end ???? I figure touch the cable and the vibration I make when I touch the cable would be similar action but maybe not.

Does anyone have this issue ??? If you never tried can you ? Very weird !!!!!

• 5 months later...