vitual 5.1 with the dd5.1? does anyone know of such

Jay481985

I use my turtle beach santa cruz card sp/dif out with the dd-5.1 and i was wondering if there is a setting to utalize a virtual 5.1 like when i use analog on my out with the sound card. I been listening to it soo long i miss it, stereo feature just not doing it for me since i think unconsciously that im only using the front two, what a waste i have 5 speakers. The turtle beach handled the virtual 5.1 rather well. Its just a incomvience since i spent 100 for a system that is more tuneable but i lost my 5.1 damn. im keeping the dd-5.1 but i honestly like the virtual 5.1 i had with analog out. and prologic just not doing it for me with music as the center overwhelms and the rears are non existant

No theres no virtual 5.1, best you can do is upmix to Pro Logic 1, other than that only way to get true 5.1 sound from the

DD-5.1 is to get something that has a DD or DTS encoded signal. What you can do is split the inputs of the ultras with a y Cable, and connect it to teh soundcard analog and digital, so all you would have to do is set your soundcard to analog out and let it do its own 5.1 upmix.