Adire Parthenon Motor = OMGMMGMGMGMGMMGGMMGG!

fivelitermustang

----------------

On 1/12/2004 12:08:31 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/11/2004 11:35:51 PM fabulousfrankie wrote:

Here's some pictures someone else posted on another forum from CES

----------------

Frankie, the B4-plus/crown K2 is already ruining my marriage

2.gif
ya think i should trade up
11.gif9.gif

----------------

You're talking about the woman right1.gif?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/12/2004 12:09:54 AM fabulousfrankie wrote:

----------------

On 1/12/2004 12:08:31 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/11/2004 11:35:51 PM fabulousfrankie wrote:

Here's some pictures someone else posted on another forum from CES

----------------

Frankie, the B4-plus/crown K2 is already ruining my marriage

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif"> ya think i should trade up
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/11.gif">
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif">
----------------
You're talking about the woman right
1.gif
?

----------------

Frankie,

Look at my last comment in the smilin mia thread and then tell me if you would ever trade in a wife like mine

2.gif3.gif11.gif9.gif

Ya man do it and than help build DREAMS, so what if I gottaa learn for a while

Smilin16.gif

BTW, B4 still not right, and wood corner starting to get gaps!!!! help!!

Be the first on your block to own a nuclear-powered sub.....woofer. EAR is probably way ahead of me on this.

I could just see it.....

EAR plugs in the last cable, turns the power on, cut to an overhead shot of the city as every light goes dim, cut back to EAR pressing PLAY on Saving Private Ryan, cut to a wider shot of the city as a mushroom cloud belches into the dusk sky.......

----------------

Frankie,

Look at my last comment in the smilin mia thread and then tell me if you would ever trade in a wife like mine

2.gif3.gif11.gif9.gif

Ya man do it and than help build DREAMS, so what if I gottaa learn for a while

Smilin
16.gif

BTW, B4 still not right, and wood corner starting to get gaps!!!! help!!

----------------

I read the post...go ahead and keep her. My fiancee is extremely tolerant of my hobby but we'll see how that goes when we start living together1.gif.

What exactly is it you can't get right with the B4?

Wow a BIG motor...where is the piston? Where is the giant woofer frame? The beefy suspension?

Who really cares if this motor has a linear travel of 12" if it will work free air,this way even if it would move 5000 cubic meters it would perform poorly compared to a boxed woofer with one 10th of the air displacement.

120dB at even 16Hz its nothing big if you move cubic meters of air,I think to fully do this motor justice Adire needs to design a 24 and 36" pistons/suspensions and frames to make giant ultra excursion woofers.This would be it

ok, thinking the same thing ear posted.

if you ever took a driver out of its enclosure, you see how the air just slips around the edges of the cone and makes no compressed sound waves.

so what gives - how does the p-motor get around this??

it seems like it would be good for stirring up a good amount of carpet dander near its base, but not for sound pressure levels.

so how does the p-motor defeat this???

"if it does that well with such a loss...what could it do if you minimize that loss??"

Exactly its fun to build fans but if used with a round cone and large compressed foam sourround imagine the output even at 12Hz!This thing would be it and the final frontier in subwoofing for a long time.

Allas, that's the rub. No surround exists with over 7" of linear travel. The Tumult pushes the limits of a surrounds travel. It's all trade offs. Get a surround that can make that distance linearly, and it will be so rigid that the speakers sensitvity will be so low you can't get a motor with sufficient power handling to not melt before the sub starts really thumping. Well with current surround technology anyways.

The original page on Adire's site needs to be looked at more carefully. Dan stated that with the 2' square baffle and a little room gain (ie the sub in the picture from CES in a typical home theater room) that 7" of travel will get you 120dB at 20hz. Or in other words dolby reference without a box. Or in even different words, a high output dipole sub, what a lot of people would consider the holy grail of subs. Dipoles are considered by many to be the only sub design that sounds better than an infinite baffle. Enclosures are a crutch, if you have the Vd to not need them, don't use them 2.gif

Dan also states on Adire's site that with the 2' square baffle and 7" of travel, if they could get a surround on it and mount it in an infinite baffle, it would be capable of providing more than enough bass for a 100 seat theater.