SURROUND SWS'S

RHopper

If you put 1 sws behind you with only the rear speaker passthrough and 1 in front with only the front and possibly center passthrough, would you have surround subs? I have the ultras and a sws on the way that I am going to give it a try with just the rear pass on it and if this works I might get one more for just the front. Just an idea though,,,, any thoughts??

No.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=43439&sessionID={991D1AC7-A78D-42C4-A56A-37F10365CADE}/

The SWS doesn't play high enough frequency to give you that effect and the ultra subwoofer will still give you the problem. The ultra subwoofer plays up to 120hz-140hz so there's a problem with localization.(pretty low for multimedia system) For example, a rocket misses you in a game and you hear it fly behind you(satellites) but the explosion is heard from the direction of the subwoofer(people usually have it in front). This can't be helped unless you use a 4.2 (2.1 times two) setup or put together a receiver and bookshelf speakers that can handle down to 60-50hz and a subwoofer to do below 60hz.

----------------

On 1/2/2004 8:38:20 PM RHopper wrote:

Thanks I get it now,,,im used to having small altech subs where you can tell where they are placed, heheh. Also I didnt realize it was hard to place low sounds, duh

----------------

Even with the Ultras, you can still tell where the sub is placed.

my cousin who is using the Altec 621 had his sub corner loaded. when sitting in front of the pc, u can't hear where the bass is coming at all. the bass blend with the sats very well, i used to own the 621 too, but my sub can't blend with the sats at all when i placed it under my desk. u can hear it clearly when the sub cuts in