Sony 555ES Problem HELP!!!!!!

garymd

I just got my Sony SCD-C555ES that I purchased from a forum member whose # I don't have with me.

I hooked it up and all I get is "System Error E01" on the readout. There's nothing in the manual referring to that problem.

Can anyone help? Please?????

I hope it isn't similar to the dreaded "no disc" or C 13 00 error that occured in thousands of older Sony Dvp-360, 530 & 560 dvd players. After reading a few of the hundreds of bad reviews on audioreview.com on these players, and Sony's response, I will never spend a cent on Sony products again.

I can't offer any fixes except for the usual boot, reboot, change the batteries, trying a variety of discs, and checking the unit for loose parts.

good luck

NP - Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted

• 19 years later...

Communication problem between MAIN BOARD and DISPLAY BOARD, usually cracked DISPLAY BOARD PCB close to dial "jog due" to impact (improper transport, moving house...) . I saw it 3 times. Fortunately, it's a single-layer PCB - it's fixable.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ANxxx said:

Communication problem between MAIN BOARD and DISPLAY BOARD, usually cracked DISPLAY BOARD PCB close to dial "jog due" to impact (improper transport, moving house...) . I saw it 3 times. Fortunately, it's a single-layer PCB - it's fixable.

…Did you not notice that you’re replying to a nearly twenty year old thread?…