Starting over

chinoloco

Hi all,

I am back for a visit.

Going through the divorce things. things are rolling along nicely.

I have decided I want a new TV to replace my Sony 36XBR400, a nice 4:3 tv for a Widescreen TV. I can spend up to 4K, but I prefer to always find a "deal" if you know what I mean. The TV stand will be about 5 feet from the bed so I was thinking about a 34inch Tube, but that 43 inch DLP from Samsung looks so nice and I think "BB" even has it on sale right now.

Anyways, any suggestions?

Also, All my home theater stuff has been sold. All I have left was the 2 tvs, the sony and the philips.

I got the samsung DV931 DVD player. The color is nicer then the regular dvd players, though, I didn't notice alot of upscaling that the DCDI chip was supposed to do. However, the colors are more vibrant over DVI. Anyone else have some thoughts on this?

When I buy a house again sometime next year, I will get a new system based on Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXi and DV-59AVI surrounded with the RF35s and RC25 and a RSW10.

However, what is your recommendation for the time being while I am renting an apartment? Space is a huge consideration. I prefer not to need to buy stands. I see some cool speakers that look like little globes from goodguys that were cool looking and could sit on a table or the floor or anywhere. I need to find out the brand, it was a nice setup.

anyways, nice to see everyone still around.

Hi

Is there a reason you are not looking at Plasma's ?

I didn't quite understand your post did you want a

4:3 or a 16:9 widescreen? If its 4:3 then the reason you are not looking at Plasma's is understood

With that said you could just about squeeze(pun intended) into a 46" High Quality Plasma for around $4k

As for the speakers why not look at the new RSX-5 system

from Klipsch Go to min page then >Products>Reference Series>Page #3> RSX-5 or RSX-4 System

Cheers

I dunno. I have look at plasmas and everything I want is 5-6K. I think I am going to drop my TV budget quite a bit as I just got a Klipsch setup. I couldn't resist. It felt so good to listen to Klipsch again.

I just put a RF35, RC35, RS-35, RSW-10 system on layaway.

I wanted to just pick up 2 Gallo speakers (the little globes) and I head into the Expo room at Good Guys for the hell of it. Never did buy those gallo speakers.

I wanted to test my ears out after months without my klipsch speakers and true to form, the sales guy selected a bunch of speakers... every speaker I picked out that I liked was a Klipsch Reference speakers (against Energy, Monitor Audio, Boston Accoustics and even Bose. The funny thing was, when he played the bose, I was like.. this doesn't sound right. damn salesguy was messing with me).

My favorite ended up being the RF35s over the RF5s. I guess I was sold at that point.

James

• 2 weeks later...

I think you will be, or would be, very happy with the Samsung DLP and it is availiable in your range. You can see it at Sears even or at Best Buy. The Samsung DVD player the HD931 is a great match with this unit bringing 1080 to your screen unbelievable picture quality with the DVI output.

Let us know what you do.