sws control pod on sws link question

RHopper

Im new to the sws,, well im new to high quality speaker systems in general so yes I am a newb and yes you can make fun of me.

I just figured out that the control pod on my sws has a different function when the sws is used throught a sws link. I did read the manual it says

"When the SWS is connected to Klipsch Promedia with the SWS link......the volume-control module is used only to adjust the balance of bass from the SWS to higher sounds from other speakers..."

I dont understand what this means, is it adjusting the input level or is adjusting some crossover freq. What I would really like to know (in words I understand) what the control is doing or if I should even use it.

ps im using the ultras and my sws settings are crossover 90 and phase 0(i think thats what it should be at)

when linked, the volume and bass on the main speakers will control the SWS and the sws pod only controls the balance of that level. If its not linked the SWS pod controls the full range of the sub from 0 to max.

So as an example, if you are linked, you should put your SWS to about 1/2 so the klipsch logo is facing you. The bass should then be controlled by the main speakers. The more you turn up your main system the more you will hear the sws, this is by far better then the alternative.

Question for you 007.

I'm still using the Promedia 5.1 THX (still kicking after 2 years), anyways is there anyway you can hook it up to something without a sws link and get adjustments with the main speaker system.

Keep it more balanced you know :D.

Thanks,

DaveM

Yeah, first balance the highest possible listening level with your windows volume at max. Once you have the right balance between the 5.1 and sws, use the main volume control to regulate the volume on both. This with raise and lower the volume of both units at the same time. This also keeps you from messing with the control pod and 5.1 control pod a lot.

you use 1 and it does not matter if you conect via SWS-link or stereo cables, 1 control pod is already you need, but it has to be plugd into the first sws.

also if you use stereo plugs you can not link the main system volume the SWS, you will simply has a seperate bass control for the SWS which would not bug me so much. I change my volume like a freak, bass already down, bass all the way up, headphone mode, windows main volume down, mp3 volume up, everything is always changing on my system, i guess im freaky.