fortes wo and rf-7

What do you mean "add"? As in parallel with the Fortes? I have a pair of Forte II's and RF-7's but would never think of putting them in the same room. The Fortes are slightly better for music, where as the RF-7's are better for movies, IMHO. Also, they wouldn't have a very good tonal match if used as surrounds for the RF's.

----------------

On 1/8/2004 3:09:25 PM njstage3vert wrote:

why not add the 2nd pair of speakers? i want it loud as can be, am i wrong in my thinking more speakers the louder the sound
----------------

You're not wrong in thinking that. However, as far as the quality of the sound...that's another story. The 2 speakers do not sound the same, so you'll get a sound that may not be pleasing, especially at high volumes.

I am willing to part with an extra set of WO Forte's that I purchased a while ago (but never used). You would HAVE to pick them up (06475) and they are NOT bargain priced($675 - the price I paid), but I bet they are the nicest set you will ever find - bar none. I purchased them from a guy in Mass, purely because of their condition (and unique grain patterns)... they have sat upstairs ever since. They have the square terminal box (circa 1989 - right before the Forte II's). If you are just looking for Forte's that sound good, these may be more than you are willing to spend. Send me any email if there is any interest; I will set you up with pictures.

well more than i want to spend. I bought these speakers for 50.00 because the guy wanted smaller speakers i guess i will have to try a amp. over the phone i got a price of 1450 for a pair of maple rf-7 in new-jersey and i was figuring that I would get more sound . i have a denon-avr1803 reciever and yes its loud but i want more.

The thing to remember here is that if you run these speakers wired from the same output on your amp you will essentially be changing your ohm load by 1/2. In other words, you will probably go from an 8 ohm load to a 4 ohm load. In doing this, you will put a huge load on your amp (twice the power to get the same output in watts) and will probably not be happy with the sound. In addition to sound degredation, you will likely overwork your amp and drastically increase distortion. Sounds like trying a better amp or possibly an additional amp would be the way to go for you.

$700 is more than you wanted to spend for Forte's, yet you might pay $1450 for RF-7's which will not sound good together?

I would go for another set of Forte's but I doubt you're going to double your sound with just speakers.

I have the Denon avr-1800 at 65 wpc, so that 1803 must be pumping about the same. How much past "11" do you turn it up now?

If you listen in 2-channel, how about adding a good sub?

Of course, in a room that large I'd have to get K-Horns and a decible meter warning system!

NP - Iced Earth - Alive in Athens (@ approx 77 db)

I think that you're probally asking a bit much of the Forte's. They are great speakers got a pair of the II's myself.

I think that the $50.00 price tag for the speakers you have now has probally got you spoiled. The Audio Gods smiled on you when you bought them for the $50., but they don't always bless you that way. Actually, it's like dope, bought the first hit cheap, now you're hooked...

If you want to keep the sound signature you have now then you need another set(s) of Forte's, the RF's won't blend in well.

Or you could sell the Forte's for a profit and get a pair of Cornwalls, they have a greater level of output and they sound very good.