Klipsch at CES Las Vegas, Info and pics!!!

IndyKlipschFan

Guest klipschomatic

The KES system speakers have a 5.25" woofer and a 1" Titanium tweeter. The enclosure is extruded aluminum. The woofer uses dual 8" aluminum drivers and it and the amplifier are so substantial it requires wheels, the wheels are not shown in the photo. The heatsink on the back of the woofer is one long curved piece of aluminum. If you were looking straignt down from the right side top the aluminum heatsink would like like a "D". The control center is also made out of aluminum and is very simple to operate. It blows the Bose Lifestyle systems out of the water and it has DVD-Audio and SACD compatibility, something Bose might get to adding in 5 years.

The pointy bra thing, or the nipple or whatever else you guy are calling this thing is actually called a "phase plug"

O yeah, and how about one of you guys goes ahead and buys those pointy nipple speakers when they come out, then when the wife is like, "God these speakers are cluttering up the house! Do you really need all these speakers laying around? I could put a pretty china cabinet right where that ones is" go ahead and sell me your old RF-7s for cheap HAHA any takers?

JML

it's been awhile since my last past but here goes...

phase plug will change "bright" to "warm" and "warm" to "subtle" (bypassing "harsh")therefore it will be impossible for a klipsch to get a bad review by anyone in the future... hehehehehehehehehehe.

i heard the thx series at cedia and they did indeed sound great. next year i suggest that klipsch consider a booth at the alexis park where more of the high end audio is on display and available to be auditioned providing the cost of real estate (booth space) is not crazy and out of control!

my ces mission was to find a front projector. i'll be moving in the new house in a few months so i hope i will have good things to report...

regards,

mike

• 1 month later...