Hey Leo...

Deang

...look what Klipsch built for you and me. :) I'll be starting a new savings account so I can unbox a new set of these in front of my Klipschorns in the next year or so. Of course, the loons aren't done yet, and expect to see some other very exciting products over the course of the next year.

Way to go Klipsch!

download.asp?mode=download&fileID=29539&

Here is something interesting I found on the site:

"As David Weinberg and Gary Reber of Widescreen Review Magazine so eloquently captured in the preface to their issue 33 interview with audio pioneer Paul W. Klipsch, something special happened when our founder invented his corner horn loudspeaker. As Klipsch Audio Technologies prepares to make the latest version of the Klipschorn and three other models first designed by Paul W. Klipsch available at specialty audio stores around the world, "

Hmmmm? What are those preparations?

Source:

http://www.klipsch.com/news/feature.aspx?cid=284

Rick

All I knew is that they were coming, along with something else that will have many of us drooling over ourselves. I would say more, but someone would smash my fingers.

I wanted a set a these, and I was patiently waiting on them, but in the end, I really wanted something with Paul Klipsch's and Roy Delgrado's life blood running through them. I'm happy to say I don't regret the decision. However, I am a two-way freak, and would love to get a set of these in here.

My hope is that with these new Premier Reference speakers Klipsch dropped that crossover point just a wee bit. I know that compression driver can go down to 1800 or lower, and I think it would be a good thing overall to sacrifice a little bit of HF extension for lower distortion and dynamics in the midrange. This would also save people like Leo and myself some grief. Reference speakers are very good out of the box, but in slightly modded form they are nothing but outstanding -- and the distance between them and a set of LaScalas or Klipschorns is so close you could tie them together with a shoe-string.

Ha! I wouldn't think too much about my Klipschorns hopping out the door anytime soon. I am pleased beyond measure with them. The system as it stands now is complete. I may dink some with amplification, but I'll have to do it down the road, because the Quads are staying as well.

Rick, it's like I told Bob Gassel several times in email -- if you show them, people will buy them. When you consider the prices of some of the high-end speakers out there, Klipschorns and Belles are a complete no-brainer. The LaScalas may sound good, but the WAF is about zero.

Dean,

Gee, they seem to like that design. I wonder why they don't put the horn between the cones.

I hope a feature of the new speakers is that Klipsch conditions the caps before loading them into the crossover.

DID YOU HEAR THAT KLIPSCH??????

CONDITION THE CAPS so people can hear them the way they are supposed to be heard. Yes it will cost a few $ in mfg process, but what a difference in quality!

I was wondering what they might do next. This one was kept real quiet.

Leo

"Rick, it's like I told Bob Gassel several times in email -- if you show them, people will buy them. When you consider the prices of some of the high-end speakers out there, Klipschorns and Belles are a complete no-brainer. The LaScalas may sound good, but the WAF is about zero."

Dean, you know that you are preaching to the choirmaster here! Looking at those 60-70-150 thousand dollar speakers in that Audio Federation show. I think I have more with a better WAF than those gawkey looking Wilsons, etc. You never know someone might have a cool wife who likes the look os Lascalas.

Rick