Help Please! Screw terminal to Banana Jack Adapter

Daddy Dee

Dear Klipsch folk.

I'm looking to adapt screw terminal speaker outs on a vintage integrated amplifier. Some time ago, Craig Otsby (I think) posted on a piece to adapt banana plugs to these screw terminals. Haven't been able to locate the post by search or on partsexpress.com .... but know these rascals are out there somewhere. The part looks like it's brass and has just lugs on to the screw post, but sports a banana jack to receive the plug.

If anyone should know where the part might be available or an alternate solution, it is appreciated.

Dee

Neo,

Wonder where you found those ??

Neo has the right link and part number. I just ordered some of the 5 ways that Rick is mentioning with a order a few hours ago (thanks for the tip Rick) they maybe a great option for this old gear. I used something similar before and had problems. But these do not protrude out as far. The problem most will have with these is you will need to get inside the amp and its tight back there !

Craig

Last week I ordered a pair of the under screw banana adapters that neo is suggesting. But I was really looking for the knd that actually screw into the strip. The MC225 I bought has a set and I wass looking to do the same for my other vintage gear. I bet jaytroncis has em but their web site is far from user friendly as there are no pictures. Form the picture that zapper posted it looks like those might be a good option.

josh

Josh,

The thing about these type that screw into the screw terminal on amps like Klipsch is that the screw terminal is not desgned to have that type a leverage put on them so it makes shipping the amps troublesome. While uppacking the amp from the bubblewrap its to easy for the customer to put to much preasure on those binding posts and shap the screw terminal then you have a mess on your hands. There fine once the amp is at its happy home.

Craig