RSW-15 DOA out of box

Brentis

Just got an rsw-15 from my wife for my b-day and it is doa out of the box! Checked the fuse,etc. my existing sub worked out of the same outputs and power. WTF? POS? she had to drive all around Dallas to get it and it doesn't work.

A) can someone suggest something that I can check? (fuse looks fine).

B) can a klipsch rep, tell me where in Dallas I can get one sooner than later?

thanks,

Brentis

I lived in Dallas,Plano,Richardson in the 80's and Klipsch was sold at several places.I went to Hillcrest HIFI,they may or may not still be in biz.I now live in Hicksville IN and Have several Klipsch dealers within 30 minutes.I know people that have bought svs etc.. that were bad out of the box,this happens to all co's,nothin' is 100%.The rsw 15 is a killer sub,when you get one that works2.gif you'll see.

Try what was suggested for the RSW12. Switch the auto/on switch a few times. I bought a new car once and after dark headed home with it. It only had high beams and no low beams. Took it to the dealer and the tech stomped on the floor switch a few times and it never messed up again. The grease they packed in during assembly was keeping the switch from making contact.

Guest klipschomatic

Go to the dealer locator. There is a link to it on the link bar above. That will pull up Reference dealers in the Dallas-Ft.Worth area if you put in your zip code. Then you can just give them a quick call.