Integra DTR Series

OnMedic

After much flip-flopping on the endless number of AVR options available on the market, I had decided on the Onkyo line (NR801). Then someone pointed out the Integra models, which is Onkyo's upline. After investigation and feature/build compariosn, including a call to Onkyo/Integra to confirm the differences, I have decided to spring for the Integra DTR-7.4.

The largest deciding factor for me on a very hard decision between Denon, Yamaha, NAD and Onkyo was the Net-Tune feature along with: Detachable power cord, RS-232 port, Advance Milt-Zone/Source and Whole home capabilities, and of course, the 3 year mfg. warranty. The added bonus which was only a very small factor was THX select certified.

I know all (Denon, Yamaha, NAD and Onkyo) have their supporters here, but if anyone could provide feedback on the Integra specifically, it would be muchly appreciated.

I don't know very much about their receiver lineup (although my local dealer carries them), but I did just purchase an Integra DPS 8.3 DVD/DVD-A/SACD/etc player. I have been nothing but happy with my purchase. The three year warranty is nice as well.

david

My brother in-law has the Intergra 6.4? which I have listen to

extensively. The receiver is very impressive sounding and loaded with

features. I do have mixed feeling about companies which sell high end

models along with regular modes i.e. Sony and Sony EX Lexus/Toyota

and Onkyo/Intergra. It's probable not based upon and facts but I get

the feeling it's the same basic unit with minor upgrade and a new face

for a more substaintial price increase. I am in favor of detachable power

cords. I just now wish all manufactures would use the came power

cord connection.

I am so thankful for the positive feedback. I have found a local custom guy (Authorized) that will sell at only $250.00 more then the Onkyo NR801, so I am pretty happy and will pull the trigger next month on this purchase!

If anyone else has feedback, please fire away!

Steve

In the past I have owned both Onkyo and Integra receivers. There were no real differences other than the face plate in those days. The current Integra line is adding features over the Onkyo line as you have noted.

In the past, neither Onkyo or Integra has made rated power with all channels driven on their THX Select models. Power wise they are about average. The preamp section has usually been quite good with low noise. I have never had a reliability problem on either label.

Today I run Pioneer Elite due to better features (for me) and better power. If I could not buy Pioneer, I would take Integra/Onkyo over any other receiver where price to quality is an issue, but I would probably run an external amp. If price were less important, B&K would probably be my second choice.

Bill

Gents:

Just my $0.02 here, but if I were in the $2000 and up budget range, I would at least consider separates. With what good quality used amps are going for, you can get all the amplification you need, a separate preamp/processor (which, also on the used market, might get you all of the features you really need), and great flexibility for upgrading later on.

If I was to spend $200o, I would consider seperates too. I was just mentioning that Integra does have models that are competing with high end Denon, Onkyo and B&K. I am actually buting the model below the two referenced above, the 7.4, which goes for about $1200-$1300.