got myself a new camera today

prodj101

ok, well my brother took our camera with him to south america and I'm taking a digital photography class next semester so we needed a new one. I got a Canon PowerShot A80, along with a 128 mb memory card. I got it mainly because it allows you to change the shutter speed, and has been getting good reviews lately. heres a pic I took of my 2.1 system. I want to figure out how to use the stitching software so I can get a whole panoramic of it.

post-10107-13819251659216_thumb.jpg

actually, it's there for practical reasons. one day my mom came to wake me up in the morning, let the door swing open and it put a scratch on one of the RF-5's.....I wanted to make sure it never happened again. by the way, sorry to all you 56k guys, I realize the pictures are damn big.

I bought myself a Canon Digital Rebel with the 18-55mm lens, a 75-300mm lens (acts like a 120-480mm lens!), 420EX flash, 1 GB. Sandisk Ultra II card (I got a 'special' deal 9.gif ), and my nice Lowepro case. Also, a cop of Photoshop from Kazaa (for backup purposes only)

All and all, a awesome rig for $1,500. I am taking photography at college (starting Monday), and I need to ask the instructor if digital is OK for most of my work. I have a film SLR, but I don't want to use it unless we are specifically dealing with film (there is no development or anything, just shooting)

BTW, I got a DSLR mostly because of auto focus time and shutter lag. Before this, I was using a Canon G2, and it was not doing the trick for me, I felt crippled. Now, I feel like I have gone from a Bose Acoustamess system to Klipschorns and a SET amp 9.gif

The A80 is a really nice camera. I am considering something like that for a 2nd camera to carry with me, either as a backup, or something to carry when I can't lug the SLR.

However, this next year, Canon is planning on releasing over TWENTY new digital cameras!!! 6.gif - so who knows what they will have in store for us.

----------------

On 1/24/2004 3:57:20 PM Bill H. wrote:

Proj,

Nice pictures..........................I thought the underwear on the DoorKnob was a nice decorator touch!........................

----------------

LOL... I thought it was his special sock that got flung there it a suprised jerk when his mommy come bargen in his room unexpectantly. 9.gif

Oh, Nice images by the way! Have fun with it. I need to take a class myself.

----------------

On 1/24/2004 5:31:49 PM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 1/24/2004 3:57:20 PM Bill H. wrote:

Proj,

Nice pictures..........................I thought the underwear on the DoorKnob was a nice decorator touch!........................

----------------

LOL... I thought it was his
special
sock that got flung there it a suprised jerk when his mommy come bargen in his room unexpectantly.
9.gif

Oh, Nice images by the way! Have fun with it. I need to take a class myself.

----------------

LOL

here's one I snapped of my HT. you can't really see much, which is the way my mom likes it. The SF-2's are on either side of the TV (the right is obviously visible, the left you have to look for) the SC-1 is under the TV in the stand, which I just recently did. I was suprised to find out it actually improved the sound quailty, it seems more seamless. the JBL PB-12 sub is at the end of the couch, and the SF-1's are in back (not pictured.

post-10107-13819251680516_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 1/25/2004 8:57:38 AM Bill H. wrote:

prodj101
, How do you like the SF 2's compared to your speakers? I was suprised to see this...........regards.

I really liked the pictures of the Mac! Those dials are awesome!

----------------

I really like the SF-2's alot. they were my first good speakers, and I got them along with the SF-1's, and SC-1. hooked up with the pioneer they don't exactly compare with the RF-5/Mcintosh/RSW-15 system, but for home theatre I think they do their job well enough. I've been thinking about upgrading to some of the new lower end reference stuff though.