How does the rsw15 compare to the deftech supercube?

Brentis

Seems like the RSW-15 is eternally backordered... anyway I saw hyabusa(sp?) state the supercube is deep&loud. That intrigues me but does it hit or is it muddy? I've heard the rsw-15 and it felt like it hit, however, it felt like it could go a little lower.

I guess I am referring to the supercube reference series with the 14" driver vs. the others...

I guess my question is... what is the SPL like at 20hz vs 60hz as compared to the rsw-15.

Thanks a bunch!

Also what is going price?

i haven't heard the def tech, but am THOROUGHLY pleased with the performance of my rsw-15. it plays loud,deep,and has been great for movies and music!

it takes one helluva sub to keep up w/the rest of my system, and i haven't been at all dissapointed.

avman.

----------------

On 1/28/2004 3:48:22 PM avman wrote:

i haven't heard the def tech, but am THOROUGHLY pleased with the performance of my rsw-15. it plays loud,deep,and has been great for movies and music!

it takes one helluva sub to keep up w/the rest of my system, and i haven't been at all dissapointed.

avman.

----------------

My gawd, Avman!! That's a detailed profile. What kind of RUG do you have in your living room?

1.gif1.gif1.gif

Anyways, I have genuwine, made in America, La-Z-Boy reclining sofa and huge overstuffed recliner. I don't need none of that there fancy-dancy eye-talian stuf in my house by gum! 2.gif

The Definitive SuperCube has more output down low than the RSW15 and is flatter.

Think of the Definitive SuperCube as a larger Sunfire Signature,it goes low and pounds when called for.

Oh yes it will not have the punch of a RSW15,as the RSW15 has a "musical" peak and will apear to have more slam.

For deep bass the SuperCube gets my vote,oh yes after I am done purchasing my SVS's I am going for the Supercube familly(the three models).He he nasty subhuman me

But first SVS is calling,if you want even more deep bass might the PB2 series are the best choice.

So yes the SuperCube is a great subwoofer.

well the local store found a replacement for my doa RSW15. Picked it up tonight. My placement isn't ideal by far close to my 55" TV and center of the room and only about 8" from the wall.

How much for a deftech and who has the reference series in stock in dallas?? The store that carries the RSW carries RSW, but it doesn't have the higher end deftech stuff.

Thanks for the input!

Thanks I bought my RSW from them.. I didn't see the Deftech supercube reference in their shop.. Appreciate your insight on the two though. A long time ago I had a deftech sub80 or something small 10" with 200 watts and it was very muddy and boomy with not much hit.

Is the supercube ref. simiilar?

The supercube has solid low slam for HT, and is likely a significant step up over the one you described. But as Ear posted the RSW is more musical and that drove my decision. If you're really curious, I know UE can order it for you and they have a 30 day return policy so you cold take it home and listen and take it back. That's what I did. I actually ended up with 2 RSW's for awhile, but when I went to the B&W's didn't need that much in the room so I sold one. I know that runs paramount to everyhting Ear believes.....3.gif

guaranteed it is better. the sub-80 I had was a POS. So could you answer this for me? Realizing it is just subjective...

Which hits harder at ~20-25hz and which hits harder at 30+hz. I'm sensitive to setting them both up b/c my current setup is completely unoptimal. Roomsize is 20x35x10.5 and many open doors + the sub isn't corner loaded and too close to the back wall.. My future media room will be 10x14 and completely closed off.

Too complicate matters... I already have a monitor audio asw210 (2x10 drivers) that I bought for "musical" purposes. Of course I want to keep both of them and eventually have them set up for mo' bass. ;)