VTF-3 Mk2 ships tomorrow!!

richr8

Oh the subs,well its more than a simple hobby.Its a sickness of subhuman proportions,and yes its a forrest of subs 2.gif

When I was just a 5 year old kid I started to dismantle record players and tube radios to see what produced sound,I collected speakers of all sizes and shapes(mostly oval TV speakers)later when money came I started buying quality audio and discovered the importance of a proper foundation for music and movies.Today this interest is nothing more than a sickness,I have to buy a sub fro time to time and experiement.

No serious explanation really 1.gif

Shock and awe! Now I get it!

Well my sub arrived yesterday, per plan, and I spent the evening setting it up and revisiting many of the bass intense movie segment often talked about on this site. All I can say is WOW! I A-B'd it against the one it's replacing for a short while, until I realized it was absolutely no contest. The depth charges in "U-571," the glass tap in, "Nemo," the "Jurassic Park" T-Rex scene were all amazing. The real kicker was when I invited the wife in to experience a couple of these and she said, "that sounds awesome." This is the same girl that said, "well it sounds a little louder" when I upgraded from my Bose System (yeah I now know, sorry!) to my current set-up. There is nothing like having buy in from the wife. On a funnier not, when I was done I noticed the pictures in the living room were all crooked, and later, the ones in the den, the pool room , and the dinging room. I'll have to get some two side tape.

This thing delivers beautifully crisp SPLs way beyond what I need in my current 2000 cu ft setting or way into the future.

Awesome!

----------------

On 2/6/2004 12:24:29 AM TheEAR wrote:

HSU's subs are great for the money,anything called VTF3 is a serious sub even at twice the price.I am thinking about ordering a duo when I place my order with SVS,also later this year.

----------------

diminishing returns

At first glance it looked fine, however, initially I was more interested in seeing how it sounded. Now that I am sonically satisfied, and since you asked, I went and looked it over real good and I think the fit and finish is excellent. Just so you know, if it looked like c%$@p, I'd throw a table cloth over it. This units not going anywhere.

leprechaun,

The VTF3 in its second version is a slightly improved product,the main reason it costs less...its no longer made in the USA.It is made in China.

The second revision has more amplifier power,the main change.Also the finish is also improved

For the money its almost out of question anybody could go wrong with any HSU product.