THX certification pros?

om13934

I am a poor high school student who was just able to afford the RF-15 system with RW12 sub and a denon 1804 receiver. While shopping around, I began to wonder what exactly THX certification involves. What gets receivers like the flagship denons and yamahas certified? just curious.

-Jeff9.gif

It's not really important or necessary if you do enough research to find the components that are of optimal quality within your budget. There are many components out there whose specifications meet and exceed THX criteria, but in order to get that certification/badge, it would ultimately add costs down the line to the consumer. Here's a link that explains some of it pretty well. I wouldn't worry about it at all if I were you. You're not missing anything, really, unless you buy crappy equipment.

http://www.epinions.com/elec-review-5691-AE52FD4-38A13ABF-bd1

As long as you know the quality and do enough research about the products, the THX isn't really neccessary. Somewhat it's just a mark to show it meets certain quality(they do some tests to obtain the cert), and of course the product has to pay for the THX fee. The meaning of the THX thing for me...... it's really THX, "thanks" from Lucasflim that you pay for the mark 9.gif

Klipsch don't really do them to the HT speakers to increase the cost, which is a good thing to customers(well we know how good they are, we don't need Lucasfilm's another taxation).