RF-7 vs Forte

richieb

Hello again and could use some quick input -

Had La Scala and Heresy and then went many differant routes. Now thinking Klipsch again. Will audition RF-7 tomorrow or place an e-bay bid on Fortes'($695). They appear to be in excellent shape-are they worth it? What kind of difference will I hear between the 7 and Forte.

Cayin TA-30 tube

Triangle Celius

Rare Reference Elite CD-93 (heavily stepped on)

Kimber 4TC-double run each way

Croyed inter-connect

Cryoed Hubbell duplex

direct 20 amp line

Need answers-and FAST. Thanks and regards

Rich

RF-7 is a 2-way and Forte is 3-way. RF-7 has a cleaner high end. Forte is more dynamic and has a smoother dynamic response top to bottom. RF-7 is a bit more efficient (important if you are thinking SET).

It's a tough decision. I gave up and have both .. except I went for Chorus-II instead of Forte-II. They are both grand speakers .. I am listening to the RF-7s right now .. solo violin .. perfect.

Leo

The answer depends on future expansion plans to some degree. If you are going to stay at two channels, then the Fortes are the better buy. In a multi-channel setup, the RF-7s have many advantages such as avaialble center channels and surrounds.

The members that own both are the folks to advise you on sound quality.1.gif

Bill

Well, you've owned the LaScala -- and there is your reference point or baseline. Go listen to the RF-7s, and make sure you have your panty hose strapped on.

I've never heard the Fortes, but many seem very happy with them.

I have a soft spot for the RF-7s, and if it wasn't for the Klipschorns, I'm not sure if I would ever have "upgraded".

Rich

If you like the sound of the LaS and Heresy, I would bet money you will prefer the Forte since it has the clasic distinct Heritage Midrange horn sound that is missing in the RF line.

Give the RF7 a listen, in your house if possible, but the three way Heritage horn sound just is not present in the RF line.

JM