Damaged RB 15 Woofer

J.4knee

Does anyone out there know of a source other than Klipsch where I could get the following:

120520 K-1130-AB WOOFER

I placed my order a number of weeks ago and am being continually told they are back ordered. Yet new RB 15's are being produced and sold using these woofers. Klipsch has already billed me but has to date failed to deliver the product I have paid for. This really irks me. I have been a loyal Klipsch owner for 20 years. I am using these as an interim rear surround speaker and am becoming less and less attached to them as this ordeal plays out. I was told when the order was placed 5 7 days, which has since passed. I have been given two separate backorder dates so far. The problem with these is that one of them fell off of the couch while I was getting ready to mount it and the frame on the woofer broke on all four supports. I was also annoyed to find out the frame was made of plastic. It is becoming more and more obvious this is not Paul W.s Klipsch anymore.

Relax, as this is a new model, there are likely not any extra parts other than on the build line. I'm sure that you will get it in due time. May I ask why you did not return to your dealer? The plastic frame on the woofer serves is non-magnetic and therfore does not tap strength out of the magnetic circuit like a steel basket.

They could have used aluminum or magnesium as well, but they would also likely break from a fall. It also comes down to unit cost. I'm sure that injection molding of the plastic frames is a heck of a lot cheaper and less time consuming per unit vs. cast aluminum or magnesium.

Not covered by the warranty already checked, same as if I dropped em. I have no problem with them not being covered by the warranty, I should not have placed them on to of the couch but it was convenient at the time as they are hung from the ceiling. But I am justified at the bill first and then fail to deliver issue. Once Klipsch took my money or in my case posted the bill to my card, my order should have been prioritized that is just sound customer relations policy. I am in no way down on the entire Klipsch product line just their support. How would you feel if you had say a Volvo S 40 and damaged the transmission at your own doing and Volvo charged you for a new one and failed to deliver it in a timely manner because it was a new product line. That is a fairly thin veil to put over this and Klipsch by their own admission said the parts dept cant get the parts to deliver even though they have them available for production. The quote I got was that This is a significant source of frustration for the parts dept. The delay of one pair of production RB 15s will cost them less than this type of business practice. The company I work both manufactures and services their products. If we have a need to fill a requisition for a repair part and its available in the production line we pull it and issue it to the customer. We are big enough to absorb Klipsch into one of our divisions and not notice the difference in available labor force.

I can sympathize with you that they should be able to fill your order at the time of billing. I would try to send an e-mail to the parts and or customer service dept. Bring up your concern, i'm sure that they could work things out and get you a new woofer. Heck, if I were to go to a dealer with a concern like yours and order through them, they probably would pull one from a unit in the box, tag it as needing the replacement, and give it to me to keep the customer happy. Some large stores or big box stores will not do this, however some of the small stores would.

Well they (Klipsch) have pushed the shipment back again this time until 3/22. If this is Klipsch' idea customer service it s a joke. Their heritage speakers were great when Paul W. ownend the company but this is rediculous. I will be filing a formal compaint with/against the company and I doubt I will ever buy another Klipsch porduct. This is realy a shame, a once truly great speaker company has turned into a poorly run second rate organization.

J.4knee,

You are absolutely CORRECT in feeling the way you do. I can relate to your sentiment on more than a hundred levels and examples. Welcome to "The New World Order" my friend where only expanding market share in the most profitable way matters (to most,not all ). When all Klipsch was plywood,you did not need to "know someone" to be appreciated for product loyalty. I know how you feel.15.gif

Analogman

Well Klipsch has redeemed itself to a degree. After an e-mail expressing my complete dissatisfaction to Klipsch Customer Service, I was informed they have a vendor who has failed to supply the woofers. Now production has been affected as well. Klipsch did right by me by pulling a woofer from a production unit and sending it to me. I got it today. I would like to thank Mr. Gerry Power for complying with my request and bringing an end to this evolution. I think this could have been avoided if a couple of things had happened; I should have been informed of the vendors failure to deliver the product instead of just giving me backorder dates and I should not have been charged until the order was filled. That having been said I would like to state that at least in my opinion Klipsch has honored their end of the bargain.

Glad to hear that you are up and running again! It sucks when you have a product that is down, but sometimes stuff happens. I know what it is like to try and put together an engine for an upcoming race, and not a week before we are waiting for a camshaft to come in, that had been backordered. Had to search around and pay a lot more for a comp cams grind than the mopar purple shaft cam we had ordered.