RF-3 & RC-7......to match or not to match

cip4465

The center channel is the most important channel in a home theater. It produces up to 75% of the sound. I always recommend the best center channel in a series.

The down side is that once you have the RC-7, you will want the rest of the 7 series package. The RC-7 may end up being more expensive than you planned.2.gif

Bill

well i began with the rc 3, and thought it was too small, all voice, and most center channel info was weak in my (than) rf5 based ht, so i changed to the rc 7, and walla problem solved, it was not too much for the 5's even for my cornwalls (just different voiced for the corns), on the other hand the 3 seemed to small for anything larger than bookshelfs, as fish said, the center is the most important speaker in ht, and once ballanced it would not outshine, it would compliment the rest of your speaks greatly, and it would not prompt you to go full 7 package, time will do that12.gif

I just recently upgraded my RC-3 to RC-7. I also wondered if I would have inconsistent timbre across the front but thus far I haven't really noticed it. In the past as time went on I became less and less impressed with the RC-3, it got to sounding really boxy to me. The RC-7 just sounds like a more full range speaker, more natural and effortless...definitely a good upgrade.