WHICH SURROUND SPEAKERS????

vandec54

Good Morning Fellas,

I thank you in advance for your time and response.

My debate is whether to get the RS-3II, RB-5II, or RB-3 for my rears in my home theater. I primarily use my system for movie watching. I already have RF-3II (main), RC-3II (center), and KSW-12.(sub). What should I get to complete my system and to replace my MTX's I have for my rears now. Thanks.

----------------

On 2/17/2004 9:39:52 AM dougdrake wrote:

IMO, if you are using this surround system mostly for movie soundtracks, you'd want a dispersion-style of speaker such as the RS-3. Movies aren't looking for localized sound in the rear -- mostly just effects.

DD

----------------

good answer....................

Not alot of voices come from surrounds......just sound effects.....and you want a wall of sound...not a point of sound...to simulate a movie theater experience....

IMO

If its mostly for films, then yes, the rs 3's are the way to go. I'm going to be getting another set of rf-3s thru my dad's will and am going to try then in the back to see how I like it that way. I'm wondering if I could trade mine and his to get a set of RF-7's for the front.....hmmmmm