New toy(RB-5II and some plugs)

ccsakura

Just recieved this evening as I came back......... the speakers look really nice to me. Even they are cherry(didn't have the black color, sold out), for a pair of RB-5II at $500 is really nice(opened box). It's little bit too big for the table that kicked the reciever to aside again 9.gif

Still warming them up while 12am here...... sounds a little better than I just recieved but not completely correct pitch yet 14.gif

post-10644-1381925239434_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 2/20/2004 12:24:21 AM skonopa wrote:

Very nice! I liked the sound of those RB-5II's, but opted for full-range towers intead. They will certainly be a step up from what you had before. I guess now it time you can finally ditch those PreMedia satellites.

----------------

Yea, the satallites can finally go back to the pro 4.1's sub and I'm thinking of bringing them to school's lab later. This pair will be the step before full tower at the moment, RF-5s are just too expensive for me(like double the price as this pair of RB-5II, 1100 at least). I was going to buy the RF-3II thru ebay or others, but changed my mind when I found out there's a pair of RB-5II for $500 with shipping and warranty 9.gif

The SBS are going to the back surround...... didn't have time to finish them tonight tho 9.gif

----------------

On 2/20/2004 12:32:32 AM ccsakura wrote:

This pair will be the step before full tower at the moment, RF-5s are just too expensive for me(like double the price as this pair of RB-5II, 1100 at least).

----------------

Those RB-5II's will make for a pair of killer surrounds whenever you do decide to get some full-sized towers. Still, what you have now is going to be very nice. Enjoy what you have now. You are still young, so you got plenty of time to move up the line as your budget and tastes change. Hell, what you got now was way more than what I had at your age while going to college. All I had was a friggan boombox.

----------------

On 2/20/2004 5:34:12 AM tripod wrote:

I think you have to win the prize for killer desktop system!

I'll bet even the people using RF7's for their surrounds don't have anything close to this for their computers (except maybe theEars).

----------------

I guess some people who use their computer as the terminal do have it 9.gif . When I leaped up the computer into projector as video out, it will not be the desktop only 2.gif

----------------

On 2/20/2004 1:18:52 PM skonopa wrote:

Those RB-5II's will make for a pair of killer surrounds whenever you do decide to get some full-sized towers. Still, what you have now is going to be very nice. Enjoy what you have now. You are still young, so you got plenty of time to move up the line as your budget and tastes change. Hell, what you got now was way more than what I had at your age while going to college. All I had was a friggan boombox.

----------------

Absolutely! I'm considering to stop for speakers after the sub and surronud will be changed, then go ahead with amp or videos........ long way for "upgrading"(or being ripped off? 11.gif )

But still, this pair of RB-5II have more than I was expected. When I thought "ok it started to be completely warmed up and here's its limit", there's another peak for better sound coming up9.gif . Nothing I can say other than I love them 9.gif (thank god my girl friend doesn't read this forum 3.gif )

----------------

On 2/20/2004 7:55:48 PM Gary W. Graley wrote:

Very nice! and those banana plugs, are those the ones from ebay? I'm sorely tempted to grab a batch of them, are they solid feeling when plugged in?

G2

----------------

Yea it's the speakerrepair, check this link out

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=2112204&ssPageName=L2

They are more solid than I thought...... actually they are using the screws for compressing the cable, not the one just simply compression by two parts. But you also need to get the tiny screwdrivers (-type for around 1mm) in order to drive the screws too. And one more note that they sell plugs as in single number. When they say 20plugs that means 10pairs, so read the numbers carefully(I got myself 40 plugs 9.gif ). It accepts up to 10guage I guess, I got mine as 12guage that's close to it's limit. However I don't recommend to any others that use 16guage or smaller for the banana plug, I tried 4types of plugs so far and none of them can hold the cables that lower than 16 guage well(I had 16guage speakers with the PM 5.1 sub, 14-16 guage was its limit).

I'd like to hear someone get the locking plugs someday, I couldn't afford it tho(because I switched the whole system's plug up, 40plugs would be $100 for it). 9.gif