Worthy Modern Surround Klipsch for K-horns?

Ki Choi

I am in the process of putting together a HT setup with a pair of '77 K-horns for LF and RF, "Hoggy's '76" Belle for C, and temporarily have a pair of JBL S3100s for RL and RR.

Please recommend a pair of relatively smaller modern Klipsch speakers for rear duties that can be mounted high and up the back wall. It would be ideal if I can find a pair with walnut finish that will match the others and custom cabinetry in the works.

Well, they are not the finish that you would like, but I have heard that the RS-7's make nice backing speakers for your 7.1 surround. I know that I'm in a delema now because I am going to put some KG4's as my surround which leaves me the option of putting my RS-3II's as back surrounds or my KG1's. The KG1's will match the Chorus II's and the KG4, but not sure about how the sound will compair.

Like I said, I've heard the RS-7's are good for surround. I also think that another member here is using Heresy's as surrounds and they sound pretty good from what I'm told.

Just my opinion.

You will want to stay with the Heritage sound to match the K-horns. The RF series do not have the same sonic signature.

I use Heresy's, but did not like them on the wall. The sound was not right, plus they were too far back in my room. I had 4' stands built for them, then stained them to match other woods in the room. They work very well with my Belle's & custom Heresy center.

im007242.jpg

IM007276.JPG