Any subwoofer for Heresy?

tcb

I'm listening to my Heresys now with an SW-15 Sub. The sound is very close to the Khorns except for the speed of the bass. I have it them driven by my HT amp RX-V1 Yamaha and the sub is set to cross over at 60Hz and level matched with a Radio Shack SPL meter.

Rick

Edit: Don't confuse the SW-15 with the current KSW-15. The SW-15 was the high end Klipsch until the introduction of the RW-15 in the Reference line. The Sw-15 uses a 15" woofer and a 15" passive radiator with a 150 watt amp. I'll post a picture.

I wouldn't equate a lack of replies to a new post with a lack of people in the situation. Sometimes it takes time for replies to come.

I'm using a Velodyne CHT-10 with mine. I'm happy with it. I only bought it because the price and timing were right, and it was right there in front of me at Circuit City. If I'd known about SVS at the time I might have tried one of theirs.

I think most of the mega-chains will let you return them for refund within a set time. You could use that to your advantage by buying one, trying it, and returning it if you don't like it. If you have a local boutique shop you ought to be able to do an in-home audition as well.

Almost forgot to mention, you can get a LOT of used sub for $500. Research a model on eBay, be patient, and try to pick one up at the bottom of the range. You can always resell it if it turns out not to be your cup of tea.

When I used to run Heresies I did so with the REL Strata 3 sub. This was the only sub I ever found that was muscial enough and fast enough to integrate seemlessly with the Heresy 2 speaker.

I do not know how much these cost 2nd hand in the US - they are about 1,000 euros over here - new.

I'm enjoying the Hsu Research VTF-2 subwoofer with mine. It sells for $450 from their website, but I hear that it's backordered for several months right now, so it might not be an easy thing to find. I've been amazed by how much fuller the heresies sound with this sub. I bought it thinking that I'd try it out and see how big a difference it made, and that if it didn't do much, I'd send it back (they have a 30 day money back guarantee), but after hearing it a bit, I don't think I can stand to listen to my stereo without it anymore!

I've used the Cambridge Soundworks P1000 with LaScalas and found it fabulous in sound. It also has a little brother, which would likely be quite adequate. P500.

It has a IR remote controle and is configurable along several parameters. Not hard to get dialed in, then enjoy!