Blown KLF-30 12' driver.

johnymac

Well after 6 great years with my KLF-30's I seem to have a blown driver. I noticed last night, cracking during explosions while watching the Matrix Reloaded. I thought the worst, sure enough I cranked up some music with some heavy bass this am, took the cover off and one of my drivers is puffed out. I took out of the cabinet and I see the paper that should be glued to the top of the magnet has unglued as well. I am thinking another one in the other speaker is starting to go bad. I hear a little bit of cracking from it.

I will call the parts dept. tomorrow, but wanted to ask if these drivers are still available? If so, dare I ask the cost? If not, can have reconed?

I have spend over 5 grand in the past couple of months on upgrades. Am thinking I should of kept the systems I had I have been having nothing but problems since. That's another story I guess.

Thanks for any info !!

Well the last 6 years they we powered my a 255 wpc ss amp. It sounded great. People would come over and claim they never heard anything like it. I since upgraded to 400/500 wpc. I also bought a Harman Kardon AVR 630. So, I put the 30's as my front channel for my surround sound. Kind of retired them from the 2 channel system. I never turned the volume higher than -20 on the HK. I really don't understand it??

I have had to reglue the back cabinet on one of them twice, but no problem with the drivers. This driver, looks as if on steroids!!

is that a common problem with legend series to come unglued like that. I had one of my klf-20 do that to me. easy fix though. I paid $114 for my 10" driver. i did not blow mine though. I went on cruise (I'm in the navy) and came back and it had a rip from the dust cap to the surround. How it got there lord only knows. Probably animal or child.