RB75 with RSW-10??

smartling

Hi Guys:

Just wanted to find out if you thought this would be stupid. I have a RSW-10 (unused) and am planning a system purchase. Am having a hard time getting the buyoff from my wife to purchase anything but bookshelf fronts. We just went to a dealer who had the RB-75's on demo. Pretty impressive - so the salesmen said we would not have any matching issues if you purchase the 75's with the RC7 to match the 10's. Correct or should I stick with the 35's for a better match?

Additionally what would be the recommended minimum $ spent on a reciever (with suggestions on what to buy) to power the RB-75's with RC7 - if im going with these I have to consider to keep the receiver price down if possible.

And Finally - don't laugh - extreme novice here :) - i'm planning on starting with 5.1 and working my way up to 7.1 - when you purchase a 7.1 does it still give you an option to run 5.1 and 6.1 - I would assume so but have to check!

Thanks for you thoughts!

Bill

I have heard both but never together. If my memory serves me right, I belive both the RSW-10 and RB-75 should match. The tweeter in the RB-75 would be better, but more bass in the RF-35. I think as long as you use your RSW-10, I would say use the RB-75. I have read good things about Harman Kardon. For 6.1 the most is about $550 and cheapest for 7.1 would be $800(from Harman Kardon). I know the power rateings are a bit low but they are true numbers(if not under rated) unlike alot of companies. Denon and Pioneer Elite are others to look at. As for the 5.1, I belive it should work, you just will be missing those 2 speakers. I would honestly love to move to 7.1, but I don't have the money for a new reciver. I do however am happy I have the speakers for it already. Anyway, good luck with what you buy. Compare and buy what sounds best to you.

IMO any Dennon or Yamaha should do nicely for your HT receiver. Some here like the Pioneer Elite line. There is a myriad of options when it comes to the HT receiver market. My best advice though is don't under power your system. Amp clipping is not good for speakers.

As for Model numbers I use a Yamaha RV 3300, a 6.1 although you can sort of set up a pseudo 8.1 with low power front effect speakers or use them as a zone 2 set up. 5.1 is pretty much the standard. 6.1 uses a rear center and I know of no media that uses it other than a false rear center. That having been said I am in no way an HT authority. I do like my RV 3300 very much.

The RC 7 and RB 75 should match nicely. I would use the RS 7's for surround if you are going all Reference line. My personal preference is to one day have an all heritage HT but that will take time. I've had my La Scala's for 20 years and love them. I have an RC 3 II and a set of RB 15's. I am not a big fan of the reference line, they sound good, but Klipsch' parts support is very poor IMO. See my post in Technical Questions.

The RSW-10 will be great with the RB-75's. In terms of receiver

I would spend $700- $1,000 a look at Denon, Yamaha or Harmon/Kardon.

In terms of future upgrade 6.1 is the highest (most) formatt out there

and it DTS ES or DD EX. all the 7.1,8.1 and so on is done by the

receiver mixing existing channels into another. Unless you have a

very large room 6.1 is all you need.