Who hear has built custom centers for Heritage?

Griffinator

Griff

What are you using for mains in your Heritage HT?

The reason I ask is I found the K700 midrange to sound too small in between my Khorns, so I use a K400 squawker and it sounds great.

You may want to market a large Heritage Center and a small Heritage center.

John Albright has posted on how to crank up a K700 Squawker to sound like a LaScalla.

If you do a K600 or K700 Squawker, you may want to use some sort of Variable adjustment so users can fine tune it to match to there system. Maybe something simular to the ALK network.

Maybe team up with HDBRbuilder to design and build a Heritage center. His woodworking is second to none.

I have no doubt you would sell a lot of them and it would work a lot better than an Academy and Heritage.

Keep us posted.

JM

----------------

On 2/25/2004 10:56:53 AM j-malotky wrote:

Griff

What are you using for mains in your Heritage HT?

The reason I ask is I found the K700 midrange to sound too small in between my Khorns, so I use a K400 squawker and it sounds great.

You may want to market a large Heritage Center and a small Heritage center.

John Albright has posted on how to crank up a K700 Squawker to sound like a LaScalla.

If you do a K600 or K700 Squawker, you may want to use some sort of Variable adjustment so users can fine tune it to match to there system. Maybe something simular to the ALK network.

Maybe team up with HDBRbuilder to design and build a Heritage center. His woodworking is second to none.

I have no doubt you would sell a lot of them and it would work a lot better than an Academy and Heritage.

Keep us posted.

JM

----------------

Might be a good idea. We're planning to sell Belles, LaScalas, and K-Horns - so having a couple of options on a center, plus the ability to fine tune when I installed the customer's system would be ideal.

I think this would depend on your customer.

The first choice would be to put a K-Horn, LaScala, or Belle behind a screen as a center channel. After that a LaScala or Belle above a RPTV. You need to find someone in your area to work with you who can build and custom install an entertainment type rack for this.

I first used a C7, then went to a LaScala, and then a University Classic. I'm now building a K-Horn center speaker to go above the TV. Nothing like a true match.

If your serious maybe I could work on a design for a center speaker.

----------------

On 2/26/2004 6:44:07 AM Q-Man wrote:

I think this would depend on your customer.

The first choice would be to put a K-Horn, LaScala, or Belle behind a screen as a center channel. After that a LaScala or Belle above a RPTV. You need to find someone in your area to work with you who can build and custom install an entertainment type rack for this.

I first used a C7, then went to a LaScala, and then a University Classic. I'm now building a K-Horn center speaker to go above the TV. Nothing like a true match.

If your serious maybe I could work on a design for a center speaker.

----------------

That's exactly what I'm thinking about - except I would have a stand built, not a rack. Something hefty, but still classy looking.

Griffinator, my hero Q-man has more fine cabinet building experience than probably anyone else on this Forum. He is modest to a fault... but his knowledge and experience with custom building, modification and installation of Heritage grade Klipsch products in home theater environments is a study in "Q-man Elegance!"

I have spent some time and effort in helping others on this board... but no one has helped or inspired me more with my Klipschorn projects than the Q-man! I am very picky when it comes to choosing a Klipsch audio hero. He puts a lot of time, research and thought in anything he might suggest. Few people know as much about woods and audio cabinetry as does he. His time is worthy of only the very serious... as I suspect you are. -HornEd