Who hear has built custom centers for Heritage?

Griffinator

This question got lost in the shuffle in another thread, so I'm starting a new one for it.

T.H.E. is working at getting the shop set up for the addition of Heritage to our lineup - and we're definitely going to want a source for these groovy custom centers I keep seeing pop up on the forum.

I'm about as crafty with wood as I am with inter-continental ballistic missiles 7.gif so having someone around who may be willing to do this for us would be absolutely killer.

Anyway, my ears are wide open.

Hey Griff, a member on this forum with some serious wood working skills Digjr volunteered to make exact replicas using all Klipsch original parts, the ones that can still be had anyway. The cost of the parts alone was high but he figured they could be made for $400 - $500 in the finish of your choice. He is in VT, he tried to drum up people that wanted them but there just was not enough interest at the time. He was willing to do it, perhaps now that Academy's are going for $800+ the interest would be higher. Obviously the folks at Klipsch are not listening!!!! The Academy is a simple sealed design easy to replicate, I am sure that there are others here on the forum with equivalent skills. It would be a decent money making venture for someone with the time and skills.

Here is the link to the thread he started, lots of info on parts costs, etc.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=39102&forumID=69&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={24ADE1D9-9476-494B-9460-1061AA9459F4}

I would just PM & Email him through the forum. He made a set of scaled down Khorns and Belle's very, very nice work I might say.

YMMF,

As you will see many of us here have resorted to building our own custom centers. Myself, STL, HornEd to name a few. This has been talked about so many times that you would think the good people at Klipsch would provide a 3 way center that would provide excellent timbre matching for the large Heritage speakers. Yeah the argument is you can add a cornwall, La scala, or a Belle. But not that many of us have the space availble for large heritage centers. Anyway, many of us could rant and rave all day long about this instead we broke out the woodworking tools and built our own.

Here is a pick of my HT with my custom center.

Scooter

post-8797-1381925253032_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 2/24/2004 3:30:08 PM Frzninvt wrote:

Here is the link to the thread he started, lots of info on parts costs, etc.

I would just PM & Email him through the forum. He made a set of scaled down Khorns and Belle's very, very nice work I might say.

----------------

No can do. Tried PM'ing and E-mailing - get the "permission denied" response - I suspect he's got all that stuff turned off in his profile. 15.gif