Bad day at work ?

LOADEDTUNES

Heres me at work . My latest project.

Small man like figure in the top right on the roof ( thats me ), one of my guys went sliding down the roof today so i'm shutting things down due to poor weather conditions.

Poor guy was dangling by a saftey line off the side of the building for 15 minutes before we even knew he was missing.

BTW : This is not a poor picture , the fog is horrible today.

me4.jpg

post-10695-13819253038308_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 2/25/2004 4:10:39 PM LOADEDTUNES wrote:

Heres me at work . My latest project.

Small man like figure in the top right on the roof ( thats me ), one of my guys went sliding down the roof today so i'm shutting things down due to poor weather conditions.

Poor guy was dangling by a saftey line off the side of the building for 15 minutes before we even knew he was missing.

BTW : This is not a poor picture , the fog is horrible today.

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/me4.jpg">

----------------

Whew!! good thing for safety lines eh? :)

----------------

On 2/25/2004 6:19:10 PM Bruinsrme wrote:

So how did u get the picture?

And what in the hell where you doing on the roof in crappy weather? We never go up in the fog, dew, rain or fog.

----------------

Picture was taken from one of my workers across the street at our pre-fab yard. He was amazed that a pencil pusher like me had the guts to go up there and retrieve the safety harness, and get a first hand account of the conditions.

This building is going up in north western canada , these boys work in a lot worse condition than this. Problem was the fog or due was freezing to the waxy surface of the OSB making the roof a skating rink.

PS : Most of this building has gone up in minus 30c or colder , like to see some of you southern chaps handle swinging a hammer in that. 2.gif

I can somewhat relate... putting ductwork up in a house with no windows or doors in the winter here is no day at the beach. Sheetmetal on bare hands can be unbearable. Yea there are gloves and hand warmers but you can't get a whole lot done standing around with your hands in your pockets all day.2.gif And it's hard to grsp screws with gloves on.

However you do have one over on me being that high up. 2.gif

Hey joe !!

My background is also from HVAC , mostly dealing with larger building though. Hot deck / cold deck with low presure steam and lithium bromide cooling.

These condo units all have forced air heating ( natural gas ) plus they all have natural gas fireplaces. Talk about huge ducting in this place.

I got out of construction because I didn't like doing it in the winter. Framing houses in the fridged cold is not fun. Very happy to know that your worker had a safty line attatched to him....

BTW, did he have to run to the porta potty and change his undies? I know I would have.2.gif

Tell you what rick , these canadian boys are so tough its not even funny.

He did'nt give a rats *** about hanging 4 stories off the ground by a thin rope.

These guy's rig themselves to stay alive when working on roofs and expect to slip once and awhile . Personaly i find it kind of un-nerving but these young men think nothing of it.

----------------

On 2/26/2004 1:26:08 AM TBrennan wrote:

Now what would a bunch of tin-knockers know about big ductwork? Here's the kind of ductwork I used to hang. The photo is from the Boilermakers Local 169, Detroit, website.

----------------

Banging tin was the biggest reason i stayed away from the HVAC trade , not to mention trying to survive on there poor wage. Olny job more degrading would have to be burning stick all day.