HT system pic

kktvbob

Just tried a Heresy center was using an Academy. Not sure if its the sound i'm looking for. I did dynamat the squawker it did help but not as smouth as the Academy or Cornwall my need a corn center. Has anyone put the woofer on the bottom and put the squawker and tweeter on top of the tv. Hope you like the pics. Anyone with the parts for one Cornwall? Just love the new Sony LCD tv.

post-14607-13819253154096_thumb.jpg

I think thats what I will do is build a Cornwall center. I may not have said it clearly. With the size of a Cornwall I will need to put it on its side. But you need to move the horns so thay are not on their side and off to one side of the tv. I was looking to build a custom center but now i'm looking to mod a Cornwall. Maybe block off the horn openings from the inside in a way so the speaker can be put back some day. And build a box for the horns to sit on top of the tv. I don't think the woofer will care if it's on it's side and with the horns on top of the tv the sound will come from the right place the center of the tv. This sould still have the sweet cornwall sound I love. Plus if I buy a pair of Cornwalls I can replace the heresy on the rear on a 6.1 system. I only have room for RS 7's on the sides. That sould be the sound i'm looking for from the system. I may be wrong what do you folks think. I only have money to do this once. I need to make up my mind so I can build a tv stand that will hold the center. I bought my Cornwalls new in 1984. With 4 Cornwalls do you think I will need a subwoofer? By the way i'm running 251 watts of power to the Cornwalls so thats not a problem. Thanks for any input.

magnets DO NOT affect lcd-rptv's.

a vert cornwall on its side would be ideal, maybe you could put the tv on top of the speaker.

i am waiting for a '04 heresy2 to use as a center ch. between my '82 cornwalls, and i have '85 heresy2's as rear surrounds(living room system.)

avman.

Guest Anonymous

Go all cornwall, verticle on side at least in front, better if ya do it all around just like MY system.

5 corn's are the bomb!!!3.gif2.gif10.gif9.gif

Smilin how did you place your center? Is it on its side or did you build a custom? I now have a LCD tv and my old one was a Sony 32" crt that was moved to the garage now I can look at Heresy or Cornwall center. I think the Academy sounded better in the center with the Cornwalls than the Heresy. Thats why I'm looking to do a Cornwall in the center. Smilin are you running a sub? I've Had this setup since the mid 80s. The Academy came later. I was running a Caver C4000 preamp it was a 5 channel setup for music. This is my 3rd up grade but my first upgrade for the speakers. Plus its the first time for 7.1. Klipsch sould build a center for there Heritage speakers it looks like it would sell I would buy one. Thanks

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 3/1/2004 1:41:33 PM kktvbob wrote:

Smilin how did you place your center? Is it on its side or did you build a custom? I now have a LCD tv and my old one was a Sony 32" crt that was moved to the garage now I can look at Heresy or Cornwall center. I think the Academy sounded better in the center with the Cornwalls than the Heresy. Thats why I'm looking to do a Cornwall in the center. Smilin are you running a sub? I've Had this setup since the mid 80s. The Academy came later. I was running a Caver C4000 preamp it was a 5 channel setup for music. This is my 3rd up grade but my first upgrade for the speakers. Plus its the first time for 7.1. Klipsch sould build a center for there Heritage speakers it looks like it would sell I would buy one. Thanks

----------------

I have a vert on its side on top of Pioneer Elite HD730 with the horns on bottom, woofer on top. I suggest you put you tv on top of a vert corn, heh heh heh with the woofer down and the horns up, it will sound AMAZING, fuggetabout the rest and stick with the best2.gif3.gif9.gif

You will be be smilin like me if you do this11.gif

Yes I have the Darth Vader of subs, the 300# bruiser and crusher SVS B4-Plus 4 12" woofers plus the Crown K2 amp 2500 watts of Clean Killer power.....It will go as loud as you can handle, and than alot more10.gif

They are not speakers they are sound panels in the back ground. The sound panels are Sonex wraped with poly and burlap. I have panels around the room in 3 colors to blend into the room. The panels were being tossed out in a remodel at the tv station were I work. Still have 4 or 5 panel left may still put them in the room but I need to finish the bass tubes first. The panels helped with slap ehco. How is the sound match with a vert. Cornwall to say a 1984 Cornwall? Does the crossover need to be upgraded?

----------------

On 3/1/2004 1:41:33 PM kktvbob wrote:

Smilin how did you place your center? Is it on its side or did you build a custom?

----------------

This is how I mounted my vert cornwall center channel
1.gif

cornwalls3frontsmall.jpg

For HT and 5 Cornwalls do you need subs? If you want true movie bass you do!! (Note: picture taken before my Cornwall surrounds were installed)

subsandonerearheresy.jpg

I don't think you will have an issues with the timbre match of any Cornwalls in the '65 to '85 range (basically Cornwall I's or verts)

Laters,