Chevelle

m00n

You know it is a pretty good band i have that cd. But i bought it at a time were i didn't listen to it because it came out when an awesome one came out i think audioslave i am not sure. So it got neglected. Whatever the case it didn't stick the songs. But when i put it in it's pretty good. One of those deals for me. It kind of reminds me of a perfect circle knock off. Not great but not bad. Your opinion may differ though. Especially if you haven't heard a perfect circle which blows them away. A perfect circle ( Tool's singer) other project

chevelle is a mix of radio songs with some much harder rock. in fact, most of their songs have a decent amount of screaming, so you'll have to be able to put up with that.

i wouldn't go so far as comparing them with a perfect circle. they have a way different song structure, and far fewer slow songs compared to them.

honestly, first thing that comes to mind with the chevelle album is frogstomp by silverchair. just different voice.

Wow wht ever happened to silverchair. Remember the anthem for the year 2000?

----------------

On 3/1/2004 11:02:55 PM mineral wrote:

chevelle is a mix of radio songs with some much harder rock. in fact, most of their songs have a decent amount of screaming, so you'll have to be able to put up with that.

i wouldn't go so far as comparing them with a perfect circle. they have a way different song structure, and far fewer slow songs compared to them.

honestly, first thing that comes to mind with the chevelle album is frogstomp by silverchair. just different voice.

----------------

----------------

On 3/1/2004 11:36:16 PM mineral wrote:

actually i tried to forget that one asap.

freakshow was as good as they got, after that with the hyper-publicity and supposed breakdown of daniel johns, they seemed to have floundered.

----------------

Yeah i forgot about that one i played it so much I had to through that away . That was a cruise and booze cd. I did like the anthem tune though i don't think i got past that tune. It was the first song i think my brother bought that one. I never bought another oh yes i did i forgot some greatest hits thing or something. It had a couple of cool rare heavier tunes on it.

I am so desporate for some new good stuff. Thank gawd Tesla's new CD is coming out next week...

Anyone hear the new POD? I have not heard it yet. I have the previous one and I like about 1/2 of it. But the second half they get into that screaming stuff that I just don't care for.

I've only heard whats been on the radio. I just don't buy much anymore, I'm tired of spending money on CDs with high hopes to only like 1 song, the song I heard on the radio. 5.gif

Oh yeah, to answer your question... The only song that I can conger up on my memory right now is the one that is currently on the radio. And I have a tainted view of that song because of the lyrics.

Well their recent album, Morning View is exceptionally good. A lot of decent altera-metal and ambient atmosphere music. Worth the download....er buy 6.gif

You listen to any Staind? or is that too hard? My old man listens to that (no i'm not 12) stuff, so i don't think it's too rough for good ol' Moon.

Morning View is good, but I like S.c.i.e.n.c.e. a lot better, a little bit different sound though between the albums.

Yeah Moon I used to be in the same boat about buying a cd and only liking one song...then I went all outlaw 2.gif and started downloading mp3's. Now I never buy a cd I don't like 12.gif.

Check out The Darkness. Classic rock-ish, a bit like Queen.

holy shiate. i heard a the darkness song on the radio the other day and i went absolutely made. never have i heard more annoying singing in my life...like that guys just wails his lee roth high pitch voice way beyond the tolerance threshold.

yeah s.c.i.e.n.c.e. was a great cd, but i figure good ol' moon here is a little more contemporary, so he may like the newer stuff. but s.c.i.e.n.c.e is equally recommended by myself as well.

I had one of those Chabells once . It was a soopa sport. What a ride. It had tucked rolled and pleated interior, the extra large fuzzy dice hangin from the rear view mirror and one of those dogs in the back whose eyes lit up when I hit duh brakes. Got rid of it. Changing the shock absorbers every week was putting me in the poor house. But it aint worth an ounce if it aint got duh bounce. He he he he he

----------------

On 3/2/2004 9:29:24 AM B******* wrote:

has anyone heard Infectious Grooves? Singer and bass player from Suicidal Tendencies. Its really heavy but with tons of groove...like the Chili Peppers meets Metallica or something ...great stuff

----------------

OH yeah! "They are awesome! Give me a little groove family psycho. That sh$t is bad a$$. VIOLENT AND FUNKY. That sh$t crushes with groove and about just as good as suicidal. (Moon have you heard the new queensryche album? I havent). Definetly look into audioslave probally the best new band with talent. I love the really heavy sh$t but some of it is so cheesy. This coming from someone that used to listen to venom,celtic frost,hallows eve, king diamond, fates warning, bloodfeast, trauma, heretic, heathen, kreator, laaz rocket. Just to name a few hundred i would have to go up in the attic. Some of you younger dudes ought to check out hallows eve Death and insanity. Awesome.

wow...never heard of any of those bands. but i'll check it out. i'm more of the sepultura, slayer, old school metallica kinda metal..i mean for contemporary metal it's chimaira, lamb of god, stuff like that.

actually when i was talking about Incubus - Morning View, i actually meant Make Yourself.

----------------

On 3/3/2004 10:26:02 PM mineral wrote:

wow...never heard of any of those bands. but i'll check it out. i'm more of the sepultura, slayer, old school metallica kinda metal..i mean for contemporary metal it's chimaira, lamb of god, stuff like that.

actually when i was talking about Incubus - Morning View, i actually meant Make Yourself.

----------------

Mineral. Like the headstones? They kick arse man. Tweeter and the monkey man were hard up for cash. Teeth and tissue is killer. I like some of the older Hip tunes. I seen them a couple times. Man they got a following or what? Canadian's are die hard for them i just love it. Some very cool people at their shows. Moon you looking for some new music check into. The tragically hip (Fully completely). Moon it is not new but you must buy it and give it a chance. phenominal