Chevelle

m00n

Na, I didn't even know queensryche had a new CD. You can bet you next paycheck that I will be at the store tomorrow and seeing if I can take a listen. They have this system where you can get about a 30 second taste of a few preselected songs on some of the CDs.

----------------

On 3/3/2004 11:24:02 PM m00n wrote:

Na, I didn't even know queensryche had a new CD. You can bet you next paycheck that I will be at the store tomorrow and seeing if I can take a listen. They have this system where you can get about a 30 second taste of a few preselected songs on some of the CDs.

----------------

You ought to buy the tragically hip ( fully completely). It is an older album but not real old it is really good. I hated it when i first heard it but it grew on me. Then i had to go see them a couple of times.

Yeah the 'Hip' as they are referred to in Iglooland are an exceptional rock band. Their hometown is but a 90 minute drive from here. Actually, a weird cooincidence, they hail from the same town from where you bought that projector Goo for your home theatre, Moon.

Small friggin' world.

What old school metal cds can you recommend for me, Wheel? I think i've heard of the headstones, but i can't put any song or style to mind.

----------------

On 3/4/2004 11:52:00 PM mineral wrote:

Yeah the 'Hip' as they are referred to in Iglooland are an exceptional rock band. Their hometown is but a 90 minute drive from here. Actually, a weird cooincidence, they hail from the same town from where you bought that projector Goo for your home theatre, Moon.

Small friggin' world.

What old school metal cds can you recommend for me, Wheel? I think i've heard of the headstones, but i can't put any song or style to mind.

----------------

The headstones Hail from Canada to. They are great rock band. For old school heavy this depends on your styles you like. I like so many different style of music it is weird to some. I am a huge big wreck fan The guy is just the **** on guitar. That isn't old school though or heavy but it is heavy on a different level. Have you ever heard of S.O.D. storm troopers of death. Life of agony's album river runs red is brutal. This is about 93 i am thinking. You must check out hallows eve's album death and insanity. If you want to see a movie that captured my generation to a tee it was the rivers edge. With keanu Reeves. Totally the music i was into then. You got slayer on their and hallows eve on the soundtrack and a cool movie to boot. It's about a friend killing his girl friend down at the rivers edge. Check it out. King diamond Them was pretty wild. Overkill is hands down the baddest mofo's to ever slam your head into the concrete and still sound good doing it. Caution though may cause you to question what you considered heavy.

Mineral check out Overkill (years of decay) and (necroshine). They are all good albums once you buy these you will buy them all i guarantee it. And that is a tough guarantee. But if you like real heavy their is nothing better. I have turned die hard new age kids that are into tool to these guys and they can't believe it. I love tool to. Oh man i almost forgot go to amazon.com and buy the overkill dvd it is in dts and one of the few dts i like. anyhow It is overkill live (wrecking everything) and evening in asbury park. Just watch it youll thank me. It's not real easy to get where i am i had to order it from amazon.com. Why your at it buy me that rivers edge movie LoL. 9.gif

----------------

On 3/1/2004 11:02:55 PM mineral wrote:

chevelle is a mix of radio songs with some much harder rock. in fact, most of their songs have a decent amount of screaming, so you'll have to be able to put up with that.

i wouldn't go so far as comparing them with a perfect circle. they have a way different song structure, and far fewer slow songs compared to them.

honestly, first thing that comes to mind with the chevelle album is frogstomp by silverchair. just different voice.

----------------

I hear a huge similiarity. My friends here a tool but i hear a mellow perfect circel either way. If i am going to be comotozed i would rather be comotozed by a perfect circle. I really don't hear the rocking part of it. It is gloomy and slow and tuned way down but that doesn't make it heavy in the least bit for me that is. You ever see those bands on mtv or whatever and their playing this slow **** and their thrashing around like their freaking slayer or something. That makes me want to just freakin strangle them. And i did hear that nib with primus that sounds good. Damn near the same just louder and a little funkier bass. I almost like it better just because of the recording not the bass playing.

----------------

You ever see those bands on mtv or whatever and their playing this slow **** and their thrashing around like their freaking slayer or something. That makes me want to just freakin strangle them.

----------------

HAHAHAHAHA that's soooo true! Some of them have the most laid-back, pussied out riffs with the slowest drumming in the back and the video makes it look like they're bringing down the house. I find that on a lot of korn-ish bands nowadays. Thank god i don't watch mtv..it's just downright shameful.

They're all about as metal as Avril Lavigne is punk rawk. 11.gif

Yeah i pretty much banned mtv years ago. I watch alittle of the mtv2 for headbangers ball. And i still see some of those little ***** chord playing hope i get a chick bands. Don't get me wrong i like mellow music it's just those people make me cringe. By the way listening to so hard done by killer tune A. Man does that song kick ***. I wish they still sounded that good i still by all their **** even though they never will go back to that sound. Same way Pearl Jam is i got to buy just might miss something and it's gone the orginal vibe. It's like listening to the hip for the first time with my klipsch harman setup.