RC-3 Buzzing Noise from Horn

I am getting a buzzing noise from the RC-3's horn. The strange part is that the audio system is not even on. This is happening with only the TV being on. I have the SC-3 on the top of my TV. What is possibly causing this??

------------------

System:

RF-3 Mains

RC-3 Center

SB-1 Surrounds

KSW-12 Sub

795A Yamaha A/V

Pioneer CD/DVD DV-C503

35" Sony TV

Monster Interconnets

Monster Speaker Cable

My guess would be an electric or connection problem. Check all contentions. Make sure everything is connected properly and everything is grounded. Check all speaker wires and make sure there is not lose strand touching metal. Definitely purchase a power conditioner. Even if that is not the problem you need one!!

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

I think I also remember a recent post about this, and it turned out the speaker was picking up sound vibrations from the TV's speakers (a "sympathetic vibration?"). Try putting some type of insulating item (like maybe even a towel) under the speaker to see if it stops...

Doug

HE - Not sure what the next moniker will be. Since it took me about 1 1/2 years to get to 999 the first time, I figure I've got a little while to ponder the situation. Perhaps something esoteric like ekardgoud?

I've seen a few "newbies" hot for a "no life" status -- wonder what I could fetch for it on e-bay? Or better yet, we'll see if dougdrake comes out of retirement for that milestone post #1000 on someone's magnificent thread!

DD2

The buzz may be electronically induced by the large electromagnetic field created by the TV interacting with the passive components (inductors etc.) on the center channel's crossover. Try moving the speaker a few inches up while listening to it. If the sound varies, it is induced noise. Nothing to worry about.

On the other hand, it could also be mechanical in nature. Any small vibration in the TV will be heard coming from the horn. The TV is not likely vibrating so this scenario is least likely.