Opinions of Klipsch's reference bookshelves?

Swerv

Hi, I'm currently looking into upgrading my sound rig sometime this summer. I'm impressed so far with the quality of the klipsch ultra pm sats, however I'm well aware that there are tones of better things out there.

My question is this, are the reference line of bookshelves klipsch offers any good compared to similarly priced stuff or are there better deals to be had. I'm looking to get the most bang for my buck, not too worried about bass since I'll probably get a sub down the road. I'm refering from say the RB-15 to the RB-25s thats probably the most I'd be able to spend. I looked for some reviews on google and came up with nothing. If anyone has these and could share their thoughts I would appreciate. thanks

BTW. I plan to initially listen to mostly music (all genres from classical to rock to jazz etc...)and eventually get the rest of the speakers for a 5.1 setup for movies.

----------------

On 3/5/2004 2:06:34 AM Swerv wrote:

Hi, I'm currently looking into upgrading my sound rig sometime this summer. I'm impressed so far with the quality of the klipsch ultra pm sats, however I'm well aware that there are tones of better things out there.

My question is this, are the reference line of bookshelves klipsch offers any good compared to similarly priced stuff or are there better deals to be had. I'm looking to get the most bang for my buck, not too worried about bass since I'll probably get a sub down the road. I'm refering from say the RB-15 to the RB-25s thats probably the most I'd be able to spend. I looked for some reviews on google and came up with nothing. If anyone has these and could share their thoughts I would appreciate. thanks

BTW. I plan to initially listen to mostly music (all genres from classical to rock to jazz etc...)and eventually get the rest of the speakers for a 5.1 setup for movies.

----------------

I don't have any Ref 15/25 series component in my system but I've RC-3 or RB-5. They made me never go back to any satallite speakers. I believe the ref 15/25 will give you the same idea 9.gif .

If you start with no sub at first, pick RF-15 instead of RB-15 that will give u better bass in the meantime?

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad they sound great. I think floorstanders would be nice but, lack of room etc. It might be difficult. Im wondering how these perform to similarly priced B&W, JBL, infinity, paradigm bookshelves going for around the same price My best bet of course would be to audition these but since no stores in my area carry the refference series ( only the synergy series) It's kind of hard. If someone could tell me how they compare to these other brands are there better options out there for music/ht? I've heard good stuff about paradigm, I'm sure that the klipsch would offer the most dynamic and vivid experience of the bunch, this seems to be common with all their products. I dont want to plunge and find out there is something better for the same / less price. Mainly looking at the RB-15 / RB-25s here. If the price was right maybe even the RB-35s

if the RB-15s can be run off of the ultra amp without any problems, I might do that until I get a decent reciever. If not, then thats not a problem. I'll just wait a little longer and get a receiver at the same time.

If you are going to upgrade, get the 25's, they will work most likely, but now that I got the RSX-4's I am content with the promedias. I think I will eventually get the Klipsch KES-6100-THX (when it comes out) as I am faund of all in one systems like the ultras.

I have an Rx-25 setup (RB-25 mains, RC-25 center, and RS-25 surrounds) and love it. I heard a pretty significant difference in the 25s over the 15s, but not as much of a difference between the 35s and the 25s.

I like the sound of the RB-25s for 2-channel music. I think they're crisp and clear with a large soundstage.

I listened to some Paradigms before I bought my Klipsch and after. The first set was bookshelves that were about $300 more than the 25s and they had a nice sound. Very mellow, neutral speakers. Then I listened to some floorstanding 'digms in a better setup and I noticed that they didn't have the large soundstage like Klipsch does.

Bottom line is this: If you like the sound of Klipsch speakers, I think you will be quite happy w/ the 25s. I know what you're going thru though with regards to demoing, but your are the only ones that really matter here. You need to demo as much as you can. You never know what you might find that you like.

John